This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APOD

So, one of the sites I visit regularly is Astronomy Picture the Day.

The last several days I cannot get the picture to load, I can't even get it to acknowledge that there is a picture. It's not happening with any other website, and no one I know has any trouble with it.

I'm using Firefox 3.6.13

Any ideas?
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Is it each new picture you're having trouble with? The one for February 1 is actually an embedded YouTube video, but the ones since then look like normal JPEGs. Also, what happens if you go back through the archive to take another look at one that worked before?

Comment

Nothing is working, I can't see the new picture, I can't see the archive.

Comment

Strange, I'm a Firefox user too, same version, and I can see the pictures fine. Are you running Adblock Plus? I have sometimes hit the "block" tab on movies by mistake and wondered where they went.

Comment

It's not Adblock, I just tried disabling it on the page, nothing.

I realized this computer comes loaded with Explorer, so I just went to check, and the picture show up fine on Explorer, so it's definitely a problem with my Firefox.

I'll do some messing about with my ad-ons, and if that doesn't work I'll email Mozilla and see if they have some suggestions for me.

Comment

Firefox 3.6.13, AdblockPlus and NoScript completely untouched for the site, works fine for me...ugly of course without any Javascript but the pic is there.

Not sure if it helps but might give you a couple things you could potentially rule out, anyway?
            "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
            - H. Beam Piper

Comment

I just solved the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox. No idea what it was, but now I can see the pretty pretty pictures again.

Comment

That's one way to do it.
                "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                - H. Beam Piper

Comment

As an FYI if this happens to someone else, I recently saw a report someone else had of the same Firefox problem on another site. The solution was to go to Tools -> Page Info -> Permissions -> Load Images, and change the setting from Blocked to Allow.

Comment

Working...
                  X