This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP "Feature"

Windows XP will roll back configurations after a crash, to the last stable configuration. This is a feature and a useful one. But sometimes, XP catches a glitch, where it regards every reboot as a crash recovery. In my case, the most recent configuration change was when I had to reduce the vertical resolution setting after switching from a square monitor to a wide screen monitor; My old resolution causes a black screen on my new monitor. Since I need to have a working monitor plugged in to change screen resolutions so my monitor will work, I bet you can imagine how utterly annoying this becomes.

So my question to you is this: How do you force XP to save the current configuration as the one it rolls back to after a crash?

I guess figure out why it is thinking your computer is having a crash??? Maybe try booting into safe mode where it ignores most of the settings?
    I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Quoth underemployeed View Post
      I guess figure out why it is thinking your computer is having a crash??? Maybe try booting into safe mode where it ignores most of the settings?
      If Microsoft knows why this happens or how to fix it, they've never pushed a patch to fix it. And it's not a new bug either.

Comment

I don't have an XP computer in front of me to double check. But there is a tab where you can pick a date to restore the system to an earlier date's config. Set if for today and have it reboot to that config, should clear the flag.

Comment

Working...
        X