Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dragon Age II I am the only one having this problem.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon Age II I am the only one having this problem.

I am playing Dragon Age II on the PC. My map and mini map are scrambled. It’s like when you look at a image file with out all the data and you get a few lines of garbled nothing.

I don’t know my specks by heat but I know a meet the minimum requirements for the game but not the optimum specs. I have an ATI video thingie, and DirectX9. I have called tech support, and been escalated but they couldn’t help me. On their advice I got the high rez pack, and uninstalled/reinstalled the game. I also updated my drivers.

I seem to be the only one in the world having this issue. The tech support guys had never heard of this happening. I can’t find it on any of the game site forums, and the latest patch didn’t address it at all.

At this point even if it can’t be fixed I would like to know what is causing it. Can any of you oh so smart techy people help me?

I don't suppose you have dual screens do you?

Also, click Start> Run and type in "dxdiag" without quotes, then in the system tab, look up and post your Processor and Memory details, also, under the display tab should be the name of your videocard.
    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

No on the Dual Screen

Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2500 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs)
      Memory: 2046MB RAM
      Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 (Omega 3.8.422)

Oh, and my computer is a lap top.

Looking in Display Properties, Settings Tab under Display: I have two options on the drop down menu. They both say "(Multiple Monitors) on ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 (Omega 3.8.442)"
      Last edited by HermitIX; 04-26-2011, 11:28 PM.

Comment

So, no one has any ideas?

Comment

Your video subsystem is below the system minimum. It's not able to keep up with the data being pumped through it.

Sorry.

B
          "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
          I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Could well be a VRAM failure, but since it's so consistent, I doubt it. My money's on drivers, or possibly a corrupt DLL somewhere.

Quoth Bandit View Post
            Your video subsystem is below the system minimum. It's not able to keep up with the data being pumped through it.

Sorry.

B
            That would cause errors on start or sluggish performance, not corrupt graphics.

Comment

Trying to force Command and COnquer 3 through a Radeon 9600 a few years ago tells me that Bandit's right; when the GPU is ~severely~ overloaded it tends to slow down first, then corrupt graphics as signals get crossed.

Comment

The GPU overheating can garble graphics as well, given that its a laptop. But I think the laptop is just being overworked.

Comment

I see that you're running the Omega Driver for your graphics - you could upgrade the driver from here. They're up to version 4.8.442 for your Mobility Radeon x1600. Be sure to uninstall the old driver first.

If that doesn't work, then I'd agree with the other posters - your graphics chipset can't handle that part of the game.

Comment

Very likely it's a case where your video chipset doesn't support all of the necessary features to run the game, which is resulting in undocumented behavior.
                    The x1600 is a rather old exceptionally old part (I bought one in 2007 and it wasn't brand new then). As others have suggested, try upgrading your driver. If that doesn't help you are likely out of luck.
                    man...nature...technology
                    mensch...natur...technik

Comment

Working...
                    X