This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Upzip software

I got a new PC recently and just noticed when i came to try and unzip a rar file, there is no pre-loaded software.

For those of you that use them regularly what is the best freeware unzip software available?

I use 7zip. http://www.7-zip.org/

REALLY lightweight and simple. You don't even have to open a program to extract the file, you just right click it and tell it to extract somewhere.

Comment

Seconded. We use 7Zip at my office and I have it at home. It's a very good product.
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I used to use IZarc, but their latest release has been installing adware and they've been downright insulting to anyone not wanting it, so I switched to PeaZip.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I've used WinRAR for a while, but I don't know much about the recent versions of it.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I've always used WinRar, even if it's a trial version, it still lets you unzip/compress files.
            In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
            She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I still use Winrar out of habit sometimes on new pc's and my custom built windows install comes with it already.... 7zip, though a little irritating with some of it's gui aspects, is the best free one i've seen.
              There Can Be Only One

Comment

Working...
              X