X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethernet problems

Hello all.

I am getting a code 10 error from my laptop regarding the ethernet port. I have a Compaq F762NR with everything stock minus me upgrading the RAM to it.

I have tried restarting the laptop to no avail.

Little help!?

Quoth Microsoft Support
    The Code 10 error code is generated when Device Manager has insufficient information or the error that is bubbled up by the device drivers is not recognized by Device Manager. Additionally, this error may occur when one of the drivers that the device needs does not start. If many drivers are being used by a particular device, it can be difficult to determine the one that failed.
    Direct Quote from Microsquish support website on error 10.
    Are you running XP, Vista or 7?
    Can you still connect to the internet on this machine?
    When did it pop the error?
    Did it pop an error that you saw before looking in DM?
    Is there anything else funky about it?
    To ensure it does not happen again, we have changed our slogan to "F%#k you, I'm eating!" ----- Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

I'm running Vista, and I can still connect wirelessly. I had no error before looking in the DM and other than the occasional restart (bad ram) nothing else is going on.

Comment

Go to your control panel and see if the NIC/port is recognized as hardware.
        Check the date of those drivers in it.
        Pull down drivers from mfg site, install those (just the nic drivers!!!!) and see what happens.
        In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
        She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Drivers are old but I can't seem to find the newest drivers for it. DM shows it as a nVidia NIC

Comment

Quoth Sandman View Post
            Drivers are old but I can't seem to find the newest drivers for it. DM shows it as a nVidia NIC
            Better computer manufacturers provide comprehensive hardware diagnostics for free. For problems such as yours. Other will have you fix things before knowing what is wrong. Diagnostics (only provided by more responsible companies) can tell you exactly where the failure lies - in hardware or software.

Learn how to boot your diagnostics from the hard drive before Windows loads. Because Windows only complicates a solution by doing what it does best - work around problems. Those diagnostics are on the hard drive, on a provided CD, and available on the web site.

Then you know exactly what is wrong long before fixed something that has not failed. And therefore creating new problems.

Comment

Working...
            X