X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we've discussed this before

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26040857/

a report on bogus 911 calls.

People call 911 for stupid crap like THIS???

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26040857/

"Which of these is an emergency?

-A Subway sandwich shop in Florida leaves the mayo and mustard off a customer’s order.

-A Texas man can’t get a cab.

-A Tennessee man’s stepfather keeps nagging him to do the laundry."

*MOD EDIT - Duplicate threads merged.
    Last edited by Ree; 08-08-2008, 12:45 PM.

Comment

i already posted this.

*MOD EDIT - Threads have been merged. Next time, use the report button. How are the mods supposed to know there's a duplicate tread if nobody tells us? Telling another member is useless.
      Last edited by Ree; 08-08-2008, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Did you post the MSNBC link that talks about how this is a national epidemic? I looked at the other threads and couldn't see where it was.

Oh never mind.
        Last edited by ditchdj; 08-06-2008, 04:50 PM.

Comment

I really wonder what would happen if one of these self-absorbed tools had their mother die because help couldn't be summoned to her in time because a bunch of brainless idiots like them were too busy clogging the 911 centers with crap like that.

Comment

its ridiculous, isn't it? yesterday, somebody called 911 from the pay phone outside our store. a cop came in making sure everything was ok. its a waste of his time. a waste of the dispatchers time. a waste a service we need.

Comment

While a bunch of asshats dial 911 for incredibly asinine shit, they're tying up the line for people who are in dire need of help.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

This video is a recording of various Avon & Somerset Constabulary 999 calls that were not emergencies.

You'll be appalled.
                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                  This video is a recording of various Avon & Somerset Constabulary 999 calls that were not emergencies.

You'll be appalled.
                  Damn...and I thought the US was the only country chock full of idiots calling 911 for stupid stuff.
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I've made plenty of non-emergency calls to 911 but they were legit.

When we are installing new phone systems, or upgrading existing ones, we need to call 911 to verify that the information shows up accurately on their end. I always try to make it quick as possible.

"911 - what is your emergency?"
                    "I'm a tech and we're ust testing the 911 call system on our phones here. Can I verify that we're showing the accurate information?
                    "(gives address, store etc.)"
                    "Thank you"

No chit chat because I know people may be trying to get though for a real emergency.
                    Quote Dalesys:
                    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
                    X