Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blog advises parents to scam restaurants out of free meals...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blog advises parents to scam restaurants out of free meals...

...by going to a restaurant where kids eat free...but only AFTER eating themselves at home to save money.

http://consumerist.com/5273818/50-re...-free-or-cheap
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

ridiculous - and like most commenters on that site - i think most of those resturants would require adults to buy a meal in order to get the free kids meal so its kinda pointless

Comment

Quoth artifical sweetner View Post
      ridiculous - and like most commenters on that site - i think most of those resturants would require adults to buy a meal in order to get the free kids meal so its kinda pointless
      I was gonna say, i've never heard of being able to get a kid's meal for free unless the adult was paying for a meal. The restaurant still has to make money, you dumbass, retard customers.
      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

"Quaker Steak and Lube - From 5pm to 10pm on Mondays, kids eat for free at Quaker Steak and Lube. This is limited to one free kids’ meal per each paying adult. There is also free video games during this time!"

Aside from sounding like the 7th circle of Hell for its employees.....Quaker Steak and Lube?

...what? ><

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
          Quaker Steak and Lube?

...what? ><
          What? You don't like lubed meat?

...why is everyone staring at me like that...
          Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
            .....Quaker Steak and Lube?...what? ><
            thats what you need after eating the food... to get things moving again
            I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
              but only AFTER eating themselves at home to save money.
              ?!? ...why not have everyone just eat at home to begin with?
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

How extremely tacky....and I agree with the commenter about it being the "50 Restaurants to Avoid" list.
                "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                  ?!? ...why not have everyone just eat at home to begin with?
                  cause then they can't scam the restaurant, and that's no fun, now is it?
                  Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

i think the blogger meant to eat at home first so you'll eat less at the restaurant.
                    To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
                    my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

Quoth joe hx View Post
                      i think the blogger meant to eat at home first so you'll eat less at the restaurant.
                      "To keep the savings coming, parents, eat your own meal ahead of time before bringing your brood to the dining establishment so you're not tempted to splurge on your own meal"

i think this is monetary based - though eating before hand will no doubt work to save your waistline

Comment

Quoth Fenrus View Post
                        I prefer mine....tenderized. Yeah, that's it.

As for the subject of this thread--what kind of boorish oaf thinks this is a good way to save money? Most places require the purchase of an adult meal for the free kids meal to kick in.

This also sounds like a great way for your kids to end up ingesting an intersting variety of bodily fluids if the cooks and waitstaff are evil enough and know they're getting scammed.

I'm not surprised this came from the Consumerist. I am surprised, however, that they forgot to tell readers not to tip for the free meals, since this whole thing is about saving money and all.
                        Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 06-01-2009, 07:13 PM.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The ironic thing is I'm sure part of the reason the "kids eat free" places mandate an adult meal beacause of customers who scammed free meals by doing exactly what the article suggests.
                          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Yes, however, if the adult eats before going out, then they order the smallest & cheapest meal they can, ask for a doggie bag & voila! You have lunch for the next day.

It's either that, or I'm just plain ol' confused.

Comment

Quoth Fenrus View Post

...why is everyone staring at me like that...
                              I like meat....I like it RAW!
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                              X