This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently Watching: "Siberia"

So I found this show "Siberia," from NBC, when it popped up on Hulu Plus. Back at the end of June, they offered a sneak peek at the pilot episode, I watched it, was intrigued, and so I added it to my list of shows on Hulu.

The show is initially set up as a reality series, Survivor-esque, in that the contestants must survive in the Siberian wilderness through the winter. Whomever is left at the end of winter gets $500,000. Apart from that, "there are no rules." It becomes apparent pretty quickly, however, that there are some strange things going on in their part of Siberia. The fact that they're in the Tunguska region surely has nothing to do with it.

When I say "strange things," well... a couple episodes in, one night the sky turns green and glowy. There are strange totem-esque poles out in the woods, and symbols carved on some trees. There may be some kind of native wilderness people out there, watching them. One of the contestants starts getting weirder than he was and more violent too.

Then there's the fact that the producers won't pull the plug on the show when some very serious things start happening.

The show's got me hooked, and I'm not usually one for these kinds of reality series. The 'found footage' aspect of everything is intriguing, too.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Green and glowy? Sounds like the northern lights.

Comment

Someone on another message board I frequent is a writer for the show. As I don't have cable I don't have tv that doesn't come from Netflix so I have been unable to watch the show.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
        Green and glowy? Sounds like the northern lights.
        Yeah, sounds like it, but it doesn't exactly look like it. And they didn't ever reference the aurora borealis.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post

Yeah, sounds like it, but it doesn't exactly look like it. And they didn't ever reference the aurora borealis.
          You'd be surprised the number of different ways those lights can look. Hell I've even seen them with a black center before.

Comment

I've never heard of this, but Siberia has a long and proud paranormal history, even well before the Tunguska incident. Not surprising that a show finally picked up on this.
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I wont spoil the show I hope. But I want Ester to get eaten. By wolves, the other participants, a native cannibalistic tribe. whatever.
              Things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do. I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew,that someday it would bring me back to you.

Comment

Quoth saint View Post
                I wont spoil the show I hope. But I want Ester to get eaten. By wolves, the other participants, a native cannibalistic tribe. whatever.
                First Miljan.

Then Esther.

Then whatever producer decided to come up with that crazy idea, if they haven't been eaten already.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
                  Someone on another message board I frequent is a writer for the show. As I don't have cable I don't have tv that doesn't come from Netflix so I have been unable to watch the show.
                  It's airing on Monday's on NBC, so if you can get any over the air NBC stations you should be able to see it. It's also on their website., but being in Canada I can't see it fully.

The show's intriguing so far, especially since it looks like the people running the Show aspect have been screwed even worse than the people in the Show, which leaves us wondering who is Really Running it. (I haven't watched this week's ep; last I saw they were setting off to go to the Tower with the flashing light).

Comment

Maybe I dislike Ester more just because of how conniving she is. Mijian is just an asshole. Maybe a bit crazy, but still just an asshole. And Ester annoyed me right off for whining about sleeping arrangements.
                    Things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do. I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew,that someday it would bring me back to you.

Comment

Quoth saint View Post
                      Maybe I dislike Ester more just because of how conniving she is. Mijian is just an asshole. Maybe a bit crazy, but still just an asshole. And Ester annoyed me right off for whining about sleeping arrangements.
                      Fair enough, Esther is a conniving bitch, and when she gets her comeuppance for it, it'll be epic.

But Miljan creeps me out. He was creepy even before he found the sigils carved in the trees, and the totem pole, and that journal which he's now aggressively possessive about.

That he then gave himself a tattoo of the tree-sigil by carving up his own arm just cemented his status as "creepy villain" of the series.

Comment

Working...
                      X