Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I found something new in the freezer section...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I found something new in the freezer section...

...and they look absolutely tasty! Boca has a new flavor patty out. Bruschetta. Tomato, basil and parmesan patties.

I know it sounds weird to be a little excited over it, but there are some days when i just don't want meat. I don't eat a lot of red meat, really, and chicken and seafood can get kind of boring after a while, even though I'm a fabulous cook. So, sometimes I'll go vegetarian! But even then, black bean and grillers boca burgers can get stale, so I was excited to see some of the new flavors.

does this make me silly? Perhaps so. Do I care? Not really. I already have a few ideas of how to cook 'em, too! I'm thinking of cooking them, then chopping them up. Throwing them in a bowl with some lettuce, tomatoes, croutons and Mozarella chunks. Toss with some light caesar dressing.

And now, I'm done babbling about food. I just felt like sharing.

I may try the mushroom mozzarella patties next...

I can see you getting excited about something like that.

Comment

*drool* Sometimes the vegetarian options are more fun than the...meat eater's?... options.

I know it sounds better than the Ramen I normally wind up eating. Blech. (Just had too much of it lately, really.)
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Oh yeah, I've had those, and they're quite delicious.

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
          I can see you getting excited about something like that.
          you're point. You know the inner culinarian that exists within me. Of course you're not surprised! And hey, at least I'm not forcing it on you. Just think. an entire patty. Of VEGETABLES!! Buwahahahaha!!

Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
          *drool* Sometimes the vegetarian options are more fun than the...meat eater's?... options.

I know it sounds better than the Ramen I normally wind up eating. Blech. (Just had too much of it lately, really.)
          Ramen. buh. Far, FAR too much of that in my existence. I haven't had ramen in....well, I don't know how long, but it's measured in years. And yes, sometimes the vegetarian option is so much more fun than the...carnivore maybe is the word? option.

Quoth malmalthekiller View Post
          Oh yeah, I've had those, and they're quite delicious.
          Oh good. I was hesitant to buy something I've never tried before, but they looked tasty. And they were on sale, so...that factored in some. I'm planning on having them for lunch. If I likes, I'm nipping back into the store while they're still no sale and snagging some more. Have you tried the mushroom mozzarella ones? Opinion on those? They were going to be my next try...

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
            you're point. You know the inner culinarian that exists within me. Of course you're not surprised! And hey, at least I'm not forcing it on you. Just think. an entire patty. Of VEGETABLES!! Buwahahahaha!!
            AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! VEGGIES!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
              S'ok. I just think of the stuff you ate that I cooked that you DIDN'T realize had veggies in it!! (I kid, I kid!! You know I wouldn't do that, since A. despite claims to the contrary, I'm not THAT much of a bitch and B. I don't know if you have allergies, and I kinda don't want to accidentally kill you. You're one of the few people on this planet I actually tolerate. )

<Ahem> FEAR THE VEGGIES!!!

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                S'ok. I just think of the stuff you ate that I cooked that you DIDN'T realize had veggies in it!! (I kid, I kid!! You know I wouldn't do that, since A. despite claims to the contrary, I'm not THAT much of a bitch and B. I don't know if you have allergies, and I kinda don't want to accidentally kill you. You're one of the few people on this planet I actually tolerate. )

<Ahem> FEAR THE VEGGIES!!!

I no have allergies, that I know of. At least I don't think so, which is odd because allergies are very common in the family. I must have gotten lucky!

And yes I did notice the veggies in the food. I ate it anyways, because 1)it's food and I needed to eat something 2)it would have been a little rude to not eat the food you worked so hard to prepare.

Now where was I...Oh yeah!

Comment

Mmmm...sounds great! I really like the 'faux' meat products - burgers, chicken strips, corn dogs!! Nice way to have a bit of indulgence.
                  "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                  Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Thanks for the "heads up" about the new flavor...I don't buy Boca burgers often, but these sound very yummy

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                      Mmmm...sounds great! I really like the 'faux' meat products - burgers, chicken strips, corn dogs!! Nice way to have a bit of indulgence.
                      Indeed they are! Indulgent without all the messy fat and calories of real meats. And despite getting a bad rap, soy products have really come a long way in the last few years.

Quoth Librarybabe View Post
                      Thanks for the "heads up" about the new flavor...I don't buy Boca burgers often, but these sound very yummy

Oh, they ARE. and they taste fabulous topping a nice, light caesar salad.

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                        *chases SG with a carrot and a bottle of V8*
                        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                        -----

Comment

*chases SG with a carrot and a bottle of V8*
                          AAAAAHHHHHHHHH! Why must y'all torture me!! What did I ever do to y'all!!!

Comment

Aw. Poor SG. *hands you a candy bar*

*stores V8 for later pestering potential while munching carrot*
                            -----

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                              AAAAAHHHHHHHHH! Why must y'all torture me!! What did I ever do to y'all!!!
                              Hey, you're my minion. Torturing you is well within my bill of rights, and I don't do it that often, so . And before you ask me why I didn't stop Rooted Phoenix...

Aw. Poor SG. *hands you a candy bar*

*stores V8 for later pestering potential while munching carrot*
                              A. RP already stopped. and
                              B. RP always offers me herb tea when things go bad. And you KNOW how I feel about tea, so...

<Slurps her 6th cup of the afternoon/evening>

Comment

Working...
                              X