Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gotta watch out for the supervisors ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta watch out for the supervisors ....

My store used to use only plastic hangers for the clothes they sell and nobody cared if the customers (or the staff) took them home.
    Now they've gone to wooden hangers and suddenly it's a major cost issue (still have plastic hangers but we're not supposed to give those away either).

So yesterday I'd had numerous customers come through my line with clothing items. I took the hangers and set them aside to be collected later.

Until late in my shift, when two women came through. One was buying several items including a two-piece toddler's outfit. The top was on the hanger and the pants were *under* the top, held by clips. I was tired and annoyed at life in general (the customer was fine) so I said "Look, I'm not gonna wrestle this off the hanger; just don't let the supervisors see it."

Customer laughs and says "No problem."

Unfortunately ... the two then started a discussion about whether the size was right and the one woman pulled the outfit out of the bag ... still on the hanger ... and the supervisor was standing four feet away.

Oops.

So I got a minor lecture on not giving the hangers away.

It should also be noted that there are signs EVERYWHERE in the clothing section about this.

Oh, and the final customer of the day had a pile of clothes ... and not a hanger in sight.

Me: "Did you take all these off the hangers??"

Customer: "Yes, wasn't I supposed to? The signs said to."

Lady, I wish I could've given you a 50% discount for READING THE DAMN SIGNS.
Working...
X