This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Mile

You ever do something at work that you know probably got you in trouble, and going to work the next day is like walking into the execution chamber because god only knows what you're going to get from your boss?

Yep, years ago I had a customer come up and start going off on me about some movie or other being Pagan Filth, much like the old story by Luna, posted in Annals, about the woman blowing up about Disney's Hercules... only instead of the lady getting Grease, mine DEMANDED I get her "a movie fit for a proper, god-fearing Christian".

I responded, rather snarkily, that she should go rent Passion of Christ then, if she wanted a Christian movie, while waving the copy I happened to have just checked back in. Apparently she had no clue over the movie's reputation, and my sarcasm went as high over her head as the concept of "Fantasy", because she actually agreed to it.

She came back in about 3 hours later and started going on about how sick and gory the movie was, to which I responded "What, did you think being lashed and crucified was going to be PRETTY? You asked for a movie befitting a Christian, and I gave you one. I did you a favor by letting you exchange the last one, it's not happening again." After that, she left with a threat to call the manager in the morning, so I checked the movie in and finished my shift.

The next day, I came in expecting a royal ass-chewing for being rude to a customer, only it turned out I didn't need to worry. My boss actually ended up thinking it was hilarious, since she'd had to deal with the woman throwing a similar rant about perfectly innocent movies quite frequently, to the point where she was considering "inviting her to explore the alternatives."
    Last edited by JustADude; 08-22-2007, 07:35 AM.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Heh - I wouldn't say Grease is entirely innocent, but that's pretty funny.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
        Heh - I wouldn't say Grease is entirely innocent, but that's pretty funny.

Rapscallion
        That was part of the point of the post I was referencing. The woman bought a copy of Disney's Hercules and bitched about it portraying the Greet Pantheon until Luna agreed to exchange it, then got Grease in exchange, claiming it was a wholesome movie for her little kids.

Here's a LINKY to the OP
        Last edited by JustADude; 08-22-2007, 07:34 AM.
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

You should have given her Clerks II.
          "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
            You should have given her Clerks II.
            I would've, but this was years before it was out, and our copy of the original Clerks was checked out... plus, I wanted the irony-factor of shoving her own words down her throat.

Back on-topic, it looks like I'm the only one on here who's had any sort of gallows-walk, even undeserved... wow!

Comment

Nope, you most certainly aren't. I've had those days... but I forget them. I tend to do that with anything unpleasant so I don't have to remember it. (Not on purpose though)
              Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
              Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
              The Office

Comment

Working...
              X