This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now I feel guilty

Retail Site was informed we would be getting TWENTY-THREE BOXES of ... stuff. Why? Because we're one of the top stores in ... I dunno, the province, the country, who knows ...

But of course corporate didn't send any extra fucking MONEY to buy some extra STORAGE SPACE to put this shit in. The backroom is already a disaster waiting to happen (despite major efforts by our super-storage guy) and our offsite storage (elsewhere in the mall) is also jammed to the hilt.

Ass't. Mgr. was absolutely begging for people to come in and help. The other secretary in my Main Job is off for the holidays, leaving me handling the office alone -- luckily, unlike in retail, we're slowing down, but still ...

So I didn't go in. And now I feel guilty.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

*passes Pix some hot cocoa*

It's not your fault.

You have your main job (which logically should be the priority anyway) where it's either you going solo or there's nobody there to cover at all, or the store, where you not being there just means one less warm body who wasn't scheduled to be there anyway. I'd lean towards the main one, too.

The sitch at the store sucks, but they'll keep on trucking; unless you were planning to show up with a U-Haul or something, your being there would not solve the storage issue that Corporate has caused...
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Agreed, Corporate's poor planning (or more likely lack of planning) is in no way your fault or problem.

I hope your manager will let corporate know in no uncertain terms the problems they've caused and to keep their poor decisions to themselves...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
        Agreed, Corporate's poor planning (or more likely lack of planning) is in no way your fault or problem.

I hope your manager will let corporate know in no uncertain terms the problems they've caused and to keep their poor decisions to themselves...
        Yeah. Like that'll make a difference.

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
          Yeah. Like that'll make a difference.
          Yeah, I know. Should have added the ""...

Comment

Thanks, everybody!

We don't have a store manager ATM, and ass't. mgr. is hoping to be considered for that position (I dunno why; I'd run a mile to get away from it), so I don't think she's going to want to rock the boat much.

And apparently the true story is that it was less of a "Good going, guys!" than we'd originally been told. The true story starts with a very large shipment crossing the border.

Thing is, it wasn't supposed to cross the border.

Oops.

But having done so, for some reason or regulation, it could not be shipped back (never heard of that one before, but who knows ...) So of course it had to be dealt with on this side of the border ... sooooo ... we were one of the "lucky" recipients!

And in the end, it might not've been such a problem for us after all -- the seasonal hire who was the main person to deal with it has had his overtime pay okay'd by upper management! How often do seasonal hires get overtime pay?? So it sounds as if it worked out well for him, although I suspect he went home afterwards and just fell over.

Oooh, and thanks for the hot cocoa, EricKei!
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I can't imagine my life sucking so bad that becoming an SM would be my life's ambition. I've dealt with restaurant Asst. SM that were trying to demonstrate their "initiative and drive" by submitting customer complaints for insignificant problems or problems of their own doing. ""Mashed potatoes turned black after 2 hours in hotbox set at 180F [40F too hot]." "Hashbrowns turned grey 5 days early stored in refrigerator set at 45F [7F too warm]." No one was impressed; all they demonstrated was that are petty and clueless. Complaints like this wasted lots of my time, and I got lots of them.

Comment

Working...
              X