This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways to cut costs... (funny)

I read this one yesterday. Very entertaining but so true! You have to read the whole thing to see what I mean... =)

http://www.jobschmob.com/showArticle.cgi?id=1533

This just validates my theory of how much time/money is wasted by companies and their "projects"...

Yep, that sounds about right. I've had that discussion in my classes about how the IT department is a black hole. At least he had a good idea of getting around it.
    Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
    Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
    The Office

Comment

Ya know, I find that if we stop paying the Executives an ungodly amount of money for doing nothing, then we save oh about 1 mil+ in expenses.
      It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
      ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Amen about the exec pay. At my last job they would consistently "just" miss their goals for the year, and hence employee bonuses would be cut. I worked in the payroll department and I had access to backend reports/info. Interestingly the execs were in a special employee grouping that was tied to separate goals than the regular company goals. Those goals seemed to always get met, and they (the execs) always got their bonuses.

Surprise surprise.

Comment

Quoth Aldous View Post
          Ya know, I find that if we stop paying the Executives an ungodly amount of money for doing nothing, then we save oh about 1 mil+ in expenses.
          Repeat after me: If it makes sense, it's not allowed
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Aldous View Post
            That reminds me of:

http://consumerist.com/consumer/spri...ves-234993.php
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
            X