This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depressing...

I was cleaning out my desk today and I found something...

An offer letter my company gave me for a promotion (into the IT department) I was given back in December.

I was supposed to start Jan 1, but my supervisor wanted to keep me on until Feb 1.

Jan 20th I was informed that the back-filled positions were eliminated (later turned out to be a lie) and 2 months later we had another IT guy.

Just made me think it's really time to move on.

BTW - the company gave me an offer letter, which meant I was hired into the position. They then take it back and tell me they won't take me onto the team, is it just me or is something really wrong with this?
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

If they gave you a letter to that effect, that's a legal contract and therefore binding. I suspect the fact that you delayed entry into the position due to your supervisor would have an effect on any legal claim, though I know not to what extent.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
      If they gave you a letter to that effect, that's a legal contract and therefore binding. I suspect the fact that you delayed entry into the position due to your supervisor would have an effect on any legal claim, though I know not to what extent.

Rapscallion
      Yep, I know that, and I also know if I complain I'll find myself in the unemployment line.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
      X