This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't interrupt me when I'm talking

A woman called wanting to schedule an appointment with the boss man, unfortunatly this is the wrong number to call for that. No biggie, it's a common mistake. I procced to tell her this and in the middle of my lines she interrupts me and asks for the correct number.

Lady if you had waited 5 seconds you would have gotten it anyway. It will not kill you to listen to my standard line, I have to say it. Plus I have a feeling you're calling the wrong area code and I would've checked to make sure you had the number right if you hadn't hung up on me.

I hate it when people think their time is more valuable than mine just because they more money. When I take over the world you're making minimum wage, and that's if I'm in a generous mood.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
    I hate it when people think their time is more valuable than mine just because they more money.
    Or the subtext that you don't know what you're talking about.

Used to get that a lot with the version of Office + Windows we supplied, it was a known error involving M$ Office shagging up the "blank piece of paper" template you see when you open Word. In the day I could spot one of those errors 95% of the time after the first coherent sentence they got out and would launch into the fix. Nope, not good enough, they had to try and take me round the houses with the exact circumstances and their "writing a letter to Wayne" when it happened.

Even with the most stupid customers (and the advertising was aimed at the lower rungs of society) I could run the fix and check it was solid in 3 minutes, but no, they had to try and spend 5 minutes telling me how badly this was affecting their life\work\gossip\Boy Scout minutes...
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Quoth Naaman View Post
      they had to try and take me round the houses with the exact circumstances and their "writing a letter to Wayne" when it happened.
      They were writing to my Uncle Wayne? Why? Did he write back? How is he?
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
      X