X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All we need are some handbaskets...

...Heading to Hell.

What a week--and it's not even over.

Boss man is on vacation. Has been since the 6th, and should be back sometime next week. I think.

Two people had given their notice and last week was their last.

Assistant manager was kinda nervous, because inventory is coming up this weekend, and she's never done it all by herself. (From what I've heard, they usually have inventory every three weeks, and that's what Bossman was expecting...instead, it's two weeks. Ooooops.)

On Sunday, one of the guys came in, worked a bit, and walked out mid-shift*. (What a shame...I liked him...)

Not related to anything, really, but happened at work-- Also on Sunday, there was a fight between two customers near the meat department. Heard there were punches thrown, but that hasn't been confirmed.

One of the night girls was scheduled to be on vacation this week*.

OK, no biggie, it might be a bit difficult, but together we can all still have things run smoothly.

On Monday, the assistant manager's father died*. She's out for the rest of the week.

*MASSIVE rescheduling needed.

Girl on vacation? Comes in. Now gets paid her vacation time AND the hours she's working.

Other people are getting mad overtime, even though when I asked, because the man of the household is between jobs, I was told no.

Night supervisor? Working mornings to help out, and came in on scheduled day off.

One of the salad bar ladies? For some reason (not connected to the rest of the mess) is working at least half an hour later than scheduled every day. (Except two, that I know of.)

Today, the iced tea machine decided to spontaneously overflow. It was my fault, only because I'd said this morning that we're doing a damn good job, all things considered. I'm bad luck.

I don't have a clue who made up next week's schedule, if it was made at all. How's inventory going to go? Not a clue.

Let's hope things get better...and we all retain what sanity we have left...

BTW, thanks for reading. I just had to get it all out...
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Becks, you are getting screwed. I am PISSED on your behalf.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Meh, I'm gonna have words with Bossman when he gets back.

Not that I mentioned it in my original post, I'm more upset at one of the store managers. It's been about 3 or 4 weeks, and I STILL haven't been told how much vacation time I have. Kinda hard for me to finalize plans if I don't know.
      Unseen but seeing
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

When I did my original post, I forgot to mention that the soup area spontaneously decided to overflow one night...and earlier that day, one of the fryers decided to do the same thing. I'm surprised the coffee makers didn't explode, just to make things even more interesting.

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
        I don't have a clue who made up next week's schedule, if it was made at all.
        Schedule WAS made, but not posted in two of the three usual spots. Whoever made it just copied this week's schedule. Sure, that's all well and good for the 7 or so people who's schedules remain the same no matter what, but the rest of us?

I'm scheduled to work the morning that my nighttime coworker goes away. Yippy. Technically, there's no one to work that night. I'm sure that will change...but when? Bossman doesn't come back until Wednesday.

Fun and excitement, that's my workplace!!!
        Unseen but seeing
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Becky,

I'm eating chocolate in your honor . I am sorry your work place has gone to hell in handbasket. If you want, I'll double the choccy intake for you

I hope your boss's proctologist calls to mention his head's been found.

Cutenoob
          In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
          She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Cutenoob View Post
            Becky,

I'm eating chocolate in your honor . I am sorry your work place has gone to hell in handbasket. If you want, I'll double the choccy intake for you

I hope your boss's proctologist calls to mention his head's been found.

Cutenoob
            I'll go have some myself, now. Just for you, Becky!
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Cute and BE, thanks for having chocolates in my honor (and how'd you know I was on a diet?).

Once again, the schedule was re-written. Somewhat back to normal...well, as normal as things ever are in that place.
              Unseen but seeing
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                Cute and BE, thanks for having chocolates in my honor (and how'd you know I was on a diet?).

Once again, the schedule was re-written. Somewhat back to normal...well, as normal as things ever are in that place.
                heh, i had skim chocolate milk with special dark syrup...yummy and fat free!
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Woo hoo.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                  X