This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Lifted"

I was at one of my partner locations today, talking with the GM, who related the following:

Apparently, his theater chain received an unannounced visit by a Disney representative, just out making sure the theaters were showing the proper stuff. And he sent back a report that The Short Film for Ratatiuille was Lifted.

Oh, you can't do that to Disney. They've made a name for themselves with the short features before their Pixar films, and you cannot lift them. Fines were assessed. Emails and calls flew. Including calls to this theater. Angry calls.

The GM was astonished. "We didn't remove any shorts! Or any trailers! Or anything! We're not stupid!" Well, not since the last few management changes, at least. Anyway, he went to check up. Nothing got removed while he was in charge. Then he made a simple phone call back. "By any chance, are you aware of what the name of the short before Ratatouille is?"

Phone calls were made. Fines were cancelled. And hopefully, everyone lived happily ever after. This is Disney we're talking about, after all.

By the way, Lifted is probably my favorite Pixar short. Though For the Birds came close.
    Last edited by Gurndigarn; 08-07-2007, 11:12 PM.

:snicker:

That's pretty close to priceless.

Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
      :snicker:

That's pretty close to priceless.

What do you mean, "close"? That *is* priceless.

Comment

I'll let the smilie say it so I don't have to.

"Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
          What do you mean, "close"? That *is* priceless.
          Yesterday was full of priceless moments for me, that's all.

Forgive me?
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

While watching cars, you can see where Pixar stuck in "For the Birds" as the cars are passing some telephone cables and poles and you'll see them there perched and making noises.
            Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

Quoth Kilamon View Post
              While watching cars, you can see where Pixar stuck in "For the Birds" as the cars are passing some telephone cables and poles and you'll see them there perched and making noises.
              I caught that one the first time through, and smiled. Almost as much as seeing the Binford logo on the toolbox in Toy Story.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                By the way, Lifted is probably my favorite Pixar short.
                Oh yeah, just saw it yesterday, that guy slept through getting slung all over the place.... Then the little beep of the alarm wakes him up. Hehe.

Comment

Working...
                X