This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not the job, it's the people.

Today marked the beginning of the end of my days at my current job. I actually really liked my job up until March of this year. But, I love the people there dearly, (most of them) they are family to me. I've been there 3 and a half years in September. It was just supposed to be a part-time, temp job until I got something I wanted. Who knew that I would love it that much? I'm not going to really go into the details of why I'm leaving, because that's really not the point.

The point I'm getting to is that my managers have known that I've been unhappy there for quite sometime. So when my two-weeks notice went in, they all act shocked. 3 of the managers asked me to stay, saying that that I'm the talent they love to have at the store.

Today, I got a call from my District Manager. I'm now a lead where I work now, and I'll go to a regular non-supervisory role where I'm heading. My district manager was the one that suggested that I apply for the lead position. He didn't make any promises to me getting the job or anything, he just said I would definitely be a candidate that he would take a serious look at. Well, after 2 weeks, I was the one he chose to hire for the lead position. But I digress... My district manager called today and said, "is there anything I can do to make you stay?"

At this point, I told him that my heart was set on me leaving. It's really in my best intererst that I leave.

I know it's so right for me, but it feels so wrong. It's not the job I'll miss at all... I promise you that. It's the people. By family, I mean those people really are like family to me. I could call up anyone of them right now and say that I needed to talk. They'd listen.

I'm pretty easy to get along with, so making new friends shouldn't be hard.
    When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

I hear you- that was the hard part for me when I left BBV. But honestly, there's nothing saying you can't keep contact/hang out, etc. with them.

Good luck with the new job.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Comment

That's how I felt about my last firm. The office and nearly everyone in it were the best people to work with and for, but the firm was very short-sighed and calloused with staff.

You have to do what's best for yourself. The one thing I would have done was tell the district manager exactly why you were leaving. That's something management should know, if there's ever going to be any change.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
      X