This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I LOLed

Background: My work has a handicapped door with the button that you press to open it. Kids LOVE this damn thing, I have seen siblings get into screaming/crying fits becuase their brother/sister got to press it when it was "their turn".

I overheard this one day

This was a mother of about 3 kids

Kid goes up and smack the button (kids hit it ALL the time, we constantly have to fix it)

Mother: "That's not for you to use, that's for handicapped people. You're not handicapped are you? If you want, I could break your legs, then you could use it."

(Let me say this right now, in no way shape or form did I think this woman was threating to hurt her child, she said it in a completly joking way and her kids all knew it was a joke.)

I honestly had to hold back the laughter after she said that (it was a slow night and I for some reason found the exchange to be INCREDIBLY funny). She sees me covering my mouth and chuckling.

M: oh, looks like I wasn't using my indoor voice, sorry.

Ok maybe you had to be there, but for me and my co-workers it was great.
    Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

Oh no, I love when parents do that kind of thing in public. My Mother was particularly known for her smartass mouth and could reduce a grocery store clerk to tears with the snarky things she said to us when we were misbehaving. She unwittingly entertained people in public all the time.
    Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

The funniest snarky comment I've heard from a parent:

At the cafe, we were selling chocolates on the front counter. They ranged in size and in price from about 50 cents up to $3. Mom and her three kids finished their meal (incredibly well-behaved children throughout) and went to the counter to pay. Her kids see the chocolates and ask for one.

Mom rolls her eyes and says, "Well, okay, I guess this can be dessert. You can each pick one out for yourselves, but make sure they're less than a dollar."

One kid says, "Why can't I have that one?" pointing to the $3 size.

Mom says, "Oh, I don't love you that much."

The kids laughed. Obviously it was some sort of running joke.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Ghengis51 View Post
        Ok maybe you had to be there, but for me and my co-workers it was great.
        Naw, that's universal comedy.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
          Mom says, "Oh, I don't love you that much."

The kids laughed. Obviously it was some sort of running joke.
          This sounds like some of the ongoing jokes in my family. We constantly rag on my dad for talking to strangers, forgetting things, and not listening. We also constantly make fun of my mother for being old, even though she's really not, and she definitely looks at least 10-15 years younger than she is.
          "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
          X