This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The money isn't worth it

The promotion and the raise I recently got just has proven to not be worth the extra effort and time. I was ready to take on more responsibility, oodles of paperwork, getting better at my people skills, ready to teach people, ready to meet all kinds of new people......

But this is why it was better when I was just a pee on operator:

I didn't have to deal with temp trainees who are smartassed kids who think they are invincible and think they can walk all over me and the room runners. I wish I could get a nickel for every "whatever" and "I don't give a shit" and "Oh well" I've gotten from trainees when politely trying to correct bad work ethic and behavior.

I didn't have to deal with the spotlight always being on me. Everyone is watching me. I wish I could just blend in again, like everyone else, and just be NOBODY again. I don't like being somebody.

I didn't have to deal with other shifts problems and other trainees from other shifts giving me the same attitude as my own trainees.

I didn't have to be an example.

I didn't have to deal with newbies who are twice my age who refuse to be trained by someone who is not only 20 years their junior, but *gasp* a FEMALE! Oh the horror! I swear if I get one more chauvnisitic 40 year old asshole who refuses to be trained by a young lady, I will kick them in the damn nuts. They need to go back to their old job where they were the big shot boss. Know what? In this place, you start from the bottom unless you're ready to get on your knees and blow the right higher up.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Perhaps all of these people are jealous because you have moved up.

As a 40-something myself, I can tell you it would be hard for me to be trained by someone 20 years my junior, but if I needed the job, I'd suck it up.

Don't take it too hard, Blas. You are an amazing person and I think it's great that you got a promotion after such a short time there. It's hard in a factory environment, too - my husband has worked in factories all his life and they are all revolving doors. It says a lot about your character that you not only stuck it out but got promoted.

People will only learn what they want to learn, unfortunately. I'm sorry you have to deal with all of this, but you can only do your best.

*hugs*
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not even sure about the universe.
    --attributed to Albert Einstein

Comment

maybe you could remind them that if they don't listen to what you're saying they might die?(depending on what kind of factory it is)

Comment

Or that you know what you are doing, that is why you are a trainer, and if they don't listen to what you are saying, they might not be able to do their job, and following that logic, might not have a job there very long.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
        X