This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Insane!

Why why why WHY WHY did I agree to come in at 7am tomorrow?! I'm insane, it's the only explanation.

I work 6pm-12am tomorrow, which I told my manager was not gonna happen. I get a ride to and from work, and it's just downright WRONG for me to ask anyone to pick me up at 12 midnight. He asks if he can find me a ride can I stay, I say sure...

This was last Sunday we had this talk, the man hasn't brought it up since... So today I got in at 1:30... About... what 3is? One of the supervisors comes over and asks if I would mind switching my shift tomorrow to 7am-3, I'm still in a good mood, but REALLY busy, so I'm trying to run customers while trying to think of what she's asking me. I hemm and haw it for a bit, and then say fine... It's better than staying till 12 right? Means I get off mid-day and have the rest of the day to myself!

Then about 5:30... I'm on my break and I do the math. 7am means I would have to get up at around 6am to get ready for work, if I were to have gotten 8 hours of sleep, I would need to be in bed an hour ago.

So I know I can run a day of work on less than 8 hours, but the day started to drag, and now... I have to go right back in the morning. I'm insane. I have LOST my mind...
    "How bloody difficult is it to take care of a DVD?"
    ~Me after any time I look at the back of a disc~

I can top that... Worked from 8 to 5.. then stayed till 4am. Woke up an hour passed my normal wake-up time... so I went back to work and finished the day...

But us crazy peole get FREE CAKE!!

it's the law...

Comment

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

Okay... I'm going to bed now...
      "How bloody difficult is it to take care of a DVD?"
      ~Me after any time I look at the back of a disc~

Comment

Dude, you work at We B Toys. Of course you're insane. It's part of the job. One of those chicken-and-egg type questions, too. Did working there make you insane, or did you have to be insane to get there?

Comment

The sad part of this is they really don't care if you close one night and open the next day.

How many times did I close the gas station on Friday night and have to be in at 5:00 am to open Saturday morning? Then come back in at 5:00 pm Saturday and close and then come back at 6:00 am Sunday morning? Too many to count. During the week I had to close. During the weekends I had to open and occasionally close if someone called in. It SUCKED.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Recently I did two 10-hour shifts with only 3 hours of sleep inbetween.
            On Friday I went to a concert, had to get to work at 7am Saturday.
            On Saturday I went to a concert, had to get to work at 7am Sunday.

Fun times.

I also volunteered to work the night shift on New Year's Eve at the oldest and busiest McD's in Warsaw
            (actually, the first one that opened some 15 years ago).

I do expect a triple paycheck this month, from all the overtime and New Year's Eve bonus though.
            Last edited by PaRaGaS; 12-17-2007, 04:17 PM.
            Music: Last.fm
            Pwetty pictuwes: DeviantArt | Flickr

Comment

damn is that whole thing the mcdonalds?

Comment

Quoth PhotoChick View Post
                damn is that whole thing the mcdonalds?
                Yup.
                A 2-story glass building.
                The inside: http://www.muratorplus.pl/images/mcdonald4sez.jpg
                http://arbiter.pl/files/g/2_374846803_IMG_2429_.jpg
                http://arbiter.pl/files/g/2_3597_196_9673.jpg