This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powerjack + foot = pain

today i was moving some product through our backroom when i came upon a powerjack sitting right in the middle of the corridor (the vendors do this all the time and it drives me crazy, but that's a rant for another time). for those who may be unfamiliar with what a powerjack is, think a pallet jack with a motor, used for quickly moving the really heavy pallets. so i'm backing it up and the i guess i give it too much power, because it jumps back and the next thing i know i have a 500 pound powerjack on my foot.

4 hours and a clinic visit later, nothing is broken, but my foot is swollen and bruised and generally hurty. i get a paid day off tomorrow, and then i'm on restricted duty until new years' (no kneeling or squatting, no climbing ladders or stairs, can only be on my feet for a total of 4 hours/day, and not more than 2 hours at a time). this would be great any other time of year, but with christmas coming in 6 days, i so can't afford to be restricted right now, as my job requires me to do all those things except climbing ladders.

mostly i feel stupid, because i know how to use the equipment, i just got in a hurry and didn't pay attention to what i was doing. the flip side of that is that i'm pissed at the vendor who can't be bothered to move his shit out of the way when he's done with it. then i'm worried bout how my department is going to run for the next week.
    My Space

Owie! My condolonces to you and your foot.

But on the plus side, grab a cane, go to the vendor and tell him "I'm using this cane because you made a mess. If you do it again, I have the choice of strangling you with this, or beating you with it."
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
    X