This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I could Force choke you, I would.

I just started my new job. I won't say where in case those who would be my employers moniter these boards as I believe they do. But as I'm only.. three and a quarter days into my job and already there's problems mounting, I feel obligated to share.

Apparently there was a communication breakdown in making my schedule and on my first day the only person there was only there for four more hours of my scheduled nine hours shift. I got to leave early, which in itself was a double edged sword. I didn't want to be alone and in the dark for three hours until relief came, but I wanted the hours.

Now, this store's backroom has no system to it whatsoever, so any new person who goes back there for more than one thing has to more or less and hunt-pick for the items in question. Which is very counter-productive and EXACTLY what happened to be the case for me on my fourth day of working there. Due to the very same scheduling communications breakdown I was the only one working there for the duration of a nine hour shift. I had next to no knowledge of -how- to do anything, was given instructions and only a verbal lesson on how to do them, and on top of that it was one of the busiest days that I'd been witness to.

In addition the area in which I was working looked like what had exactly happened. Someone started working in there and left for the day, their task unfinished. Nearly everything was empty and the entire area was in shambles. Then there was me, overwhelmed with a list of things to do, only the scantest knowledge of how to do them, a bunch of stocking to do and a stockroom with no system to tell me what we had and didn't have.

None of that is the company's fault. No. That entire situation just happened to be one of circumstance. But it still sucked. But, of course, there were customers. And they had their remarks. One particular lady really rubbed me the wrong way.

Me:

Lady: French woman in the asshole of Texas. Go figure.

Lady: You know, this area looks rather horrible. What little is on the shelves is a terrible mess.

Me: I know. I'm sorry. I've been stocking as fast as I can, but I've only just got here, it's my third day on the job, I have no idea what I'm doing, and I'm the only one here.

Lady: Well, maybe if you worked faster, things wouldn't be so bad.

Me: *Stares for a moment before heading to the back* Thanks. I'll try to keep that in mind.

Now, what struck me as odd, as this woman had a very obvious French accent. It sounded very natural, but there are so many posers in this area that it's really hard to tell if she really was French or if she had a lot of time to practice. Either way, what the -HELL- is a French person doing in Texas? Of all places... TEXAS?

Anyway. The entire night was spent with me stressing out, and finally asking with three hours left in my shift if I could take a lunch since relief that I was promised apparently wasn't going to show. After that, pretty much everyone who made a snide comment about the shape my area was in was greeted by an intimidating, scowling, young man glaring at them imagining he was Force Choking the everliving crap out of them as he lifted 50lb items onto a shelf two at a time with little strain. They shut their trap after that.

Then I went to the movies after I got off work, but I'll post that in the Sightings board.
    Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command.

um.. uh.. wow... I don't know what to say to this one...
    Be like the flower that perfumes the very hand that crushes it.

Comment

Quoth Gaudemeus View Post
      Lady: Well, maybe if you worked faster, things wouldn't be so bad.
      Gaudemeus: Well, maybe if you were banned from the store, I could deal with this stuff instead of listening to you bitch about it! Oh, wait! I have an idea! YOU'RE BANNED FROM THE STORE! Everything is so much better now!

If only...
      "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

I hope karma gets that [female dog]. Snotting off to a lone ranger employee is in my book one of the worst things to do.

Can you have the guy do his Force Stare and take a pic? Maybe I can learn it with practice.

Comment

Hey, no need to force choke, just threaten to invade.

"Le surrender!"

You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth Dark-Star View Post
            I hope karma gets that [female dog]. Snotting off to a lone ranger employee is in my book one of the worst things to do.

Can you have the guy do his Force Stare and take a pic? Maybe I can learn it with practice.
            Too old. Yes. Too old to begin the training.

If someone ever takes a shot of me giving someone the look, then I'll upload it for your viewing pleasure. But generally, nobodies ever around with a camera.
            Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command.

Comment

Quoth Gaudemeus View Post
              Now, what struck me as odd, as this woman had a very obvious French accent. It sounded very natural, but there are so many posers in this area that it's really hard to tell if she really was French or if she had a lot of time to practice. Either way, what the -HELL- is a French person doing in Texas? Of all places... TEXAS?
              I've got one possible explanation: Head south until you get your feet wet, then head east until you're out of Texas. Where are you now? Louisiana - and "Cajun" is a corruption of "Acadian" (the French colonists who the British kicked out when they wouldn't swear loyalty to the King of England).
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
              X