This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA systems R fun!

We've got a cashier at my store who I'm sure is in her 80s, or at least her late 70s. She's a really sweet lady and does a good job. However, she is a little dotty and her brain-to-mouth filter doesn't always work, so sometimes we hear her making pages over the PA like this one she made today:

"Women's apparel (pause) by the ...women's undies dial 202 for a price check, women's apparel by the women's undies dial 202 for a price check. Thank you."

At this point I'm thinking "Did she really say what I thought she just said?"

Nobody answered her the first time, so she came over the PA again. "Women's apparel by the women's undies dial 202 for a price check please. Thank you!"

Me:

Nobody answered her the second time either so she came over the PA again: "Women's apparel by the women's undies dial 202 for a price check!"

Finally somebody must have called her. I'm thinking the reason nobody got to her the first two times is because they hadn't picked their jaws up off the floor yet.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

I think that I need to be there to get it. But knowing me, I will not be thinking about it and get it out of the blue. So to you my good man. well played. Well played, indeed.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Reminds me of the older lady who used to man the telephones at the fitting room in Wal-Mart. She was terribly sweet and in her 80's, but for lack of a better word, she was innocent. People would prank call the store from their cell phones and ask her to page non-existent people, which she would do without thinking twice. More than once her department manager would come tearing round the corner saying something along the lines of "Noooo, Miss I, don't say that again!"

Fictional names consisted of things like:

I.P. Standing

Mike Hunt

Amanda Huggenkiss

etc.
      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

I.P. Standing
        You don't say?

Well, I.P. Freleigh.

Comment

To go along in a similar vein...The adjunct (part-time) faculty at my campus changes each semester. If a new instructor does not yet have a slot in the mail room, they are asked to sign a list to get one the next time D redoes all the names. Guess what name was on the list at the beginning of this semester...
          I.P.Freleigh

A few days later, said "person" had a mail slot. I checked yesterday to see if it was still there, but I guess somebody clued D in, as it had been removed.
          Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I didn't do it! Nobody saw me do it! You can't prove anything!

Comment

Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post
              Mike Hunt
              ...and now a certain part of Porky's is playing in my head now...

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I would have laughed if that came over the PA. Especially if i worked the clothing Department.

Mike Hunt
                I don't get this. Explain?
                Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

I don't get this. Explain?
                  Mike Hunt= My (term for a certain part of the feminine anatomy)

Comment

Now you've gone and given me ideas, LadyBarbossa.

Comment

I had a disgruntled ex-WalMart manager tell me that if you dial #96 from any phone in the store that it'll get on the PA system. I have yet to try that.

Comment

Ah, good ol' #96 . . .
                        The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

I wasn't there for this...but MAN, I really wish I had been. To recap, my first job was as a stockboy at a local supermarket. Well, one of the baggers, who was a lil punk anyway but still very funny (in other words, a lovable punk) decided to quit without giving notice. How, you ask? Well, he apparently hopped on the PA, during prime hours where there were plenty of people in the store...

Lil Punk: "Supermarket fuggin' SUCKS!"

Apparently there were a bunch of customers who paused, got wide-eyed and looked around all . He then paused for a few seconds...yes, he was still on the PA...and then went...

LP: "...Wazzuuuuuuuuup."

Hung it up, threw his shirt in the breakroom, and walked out. Nice.
                          You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth gunsage View Post
                            I wasn't there for this...but MAN, I really wish I had been. To recap, my first job was as a stockboy at a local supermarket. Well, one of the baggers, who was a lil punk anyway but still very funny (in other words, a lovable punk) decided to quit without giving notice. How, you ask? Well, he apparently hopped on the PA, during prime hours where there were plenty of people in the store...

Lil Punk: "Supermarket fuggin' SUCKS!"

Apparently there were a bunch of customers who paused, got wide-eyed and looked around all . He then paused for a few seconds...yes, he was still on the PA...and then went...

LP: "...Wazzuuuuuuuuup."

Hung it up, threw his shirt in the breakroom, and walked out. Nice.
                            Now THAT'S an awesome way to quit!!!

I.P. Standing

Mike Hunt

Amanda Huggenkiss

etc.
                            You forgot about Mike Hawk!
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post

You forgot about Mike Hawk!
                              And Mike Hawksbigg.

Comment

Working...
                              X