This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My silliness...

...I am in training for figure competitions. I work out a lot and I eat very differently than most people in this call center...

I have to eat a small meal every 2 - 3 hours. So, I carry a big lunch box into work. I sit right near one of the managers. He just walked by me and said to someone, "That skinny person eats the most I've ever seen ANYONE eat. She's eating all the time!"

I don't know why, but I was embarrassed!
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

I do the same thing... only I'm not skinny. I have a large frame; even when I was underweight, I couldn't fit into anything smaller than an 8(US size). So people see me eat often and assume I have an overeating problem.
    "I don't have to take this abuse from you, I've got hundreds of people dying to abuse me."
    "Free at last from my vegetable prison!"
    X-Strike Studios: Video game movies done RIGHT!

Comment

I don't know why, but I was embarrassed!
      Of course you were! The comment was uncalled for, and rather inappropriate. Your diet and the reasons for eating in such a way are no one else's business. I'm sure your manager didn't mean to imply anything negative, but it was insensitive for him to call attention to you like that. Comments like that may start/fuel rumors about eating disorders.

Comment

It's actually much, much healthier to eat several small meals over the course of the day as opposed to just a few large meals.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          It's actually much, much healthier to eat several small meals over the course of the day as opposed to just a few large meals.

^-.-^
          less hunger pangs too

Comment

Working...
          X