This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dread

It's just one minute before you start your shift. Time to stop relaxing, time to focus on your job.
    It's the dread!
    Deep down, you fear you're going to have a real bad day. Perhaps an SC is going to really set you off. Or maybe your boss will monitor you, and tell you you did something wrong. And aside from those things, time seems to go twice as slow when you're on duty than it does when you're on break.
    Oh, it's time for you to start work.
    THE DREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dread: Why I take happy-pills.
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Dread: Why I play deaf to SCs.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

BLARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I feel better now. I know what you mean though. Some days can just really make you ask yourself if you really want to go into work. Heh in just a few more years I'll have my degree and hopefully a job that I like doing

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
          Dread: Why I play deaf to SCs.
          By the by: I still have my ASL books if you want to use them.
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Dread: Why I wear Body Armour!
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I generally find that the days I get the most "dreads" turn out to be not so bad.

Or maybe it's because I've been at this so long I don't feel anything anymore...

Comment

Dread: the reason I quit training.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                  By the by: I still have my ASL books if you want to use them.
                  Only one digit is needed to express oneself clearly.

Dread - placing bets with self for the time of the first homicidal thought of the day.

B
                  "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                  I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Dread...why I stopped working first shift.

I would feel weighed down...literally.

On breaks and lunch, I wouldn't even sit up straight.

MUCH better now, since I'm working second shift...and have been for over three years. I still remember how I felt.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Dread. Was why I took the bus to work at one job every day, even though it was 10 minute walk to the building. Every step gave me the option to turn back, but the bus took me to the door, so I was commited - and very nearly was, as after 3 years working there I had to have a year off on incapacity benefit, from stress and related problems.

Tread, Tread, Dread, Dread - walking there was a nightmare, I got slower and slower the closer I got.

Comment

Working...
                      X