This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh... why did I agree to do this?

Sometimes, no matter where you work, thigns happen, and the fecal matter hits the rotary impeller

This has been one of those weeks. Mainly thanks to a mobile driver quitting with no notice, and some organizational snafus, including head office managing to screw up damn near every paycheque for my site (I've been shorted 12 hours, another guard I know has been shorted 24... I've heard numbers as high as 40 hours missing off of cheques)

Basically, I was already staring down my 3 day rotation (Never work more than 3 12 hours in a row, usually 2 on 2 off) when I get called in to cover. on my days off. First day I just didn't get the call in time. Second time I came in.

That's fine... 4 days in a row is rough, but I could use the overtime.

Then I get my Cheque... awesome. I'm already short 10 hours because I had to go home sick (Flu bug going around) and now an additional 12 hours is missing.

Then I get asked to work 4 hours on Monday (Today, which should be my day off) to cover a supervisor's day off. Okay, I guess I can do that. Then it turns into 8 hours, so I can stick around for 4 hours to train our new graveyard mobile.

... It' not 12 hours, because there is no new graveyard mobile. Not scheduled anyway. I foudn this out when I came in for my shift, which is now a 12 hour because I actually have to work as mobile. Which means some other day I'll have to come in and train this guy.

Which I suspect will be tomorrow, which is my other day off before I'm back on shift for two days.

8 12's in a row? No problem, right?

*Sigh* I'm tired and cranky and hungry and just REALLY in need of the week off I'm taking at the end of May.
    Check out my webcomic!

....But you are getting paid, right?
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
      ....But you are getting paid, right?
      Assuming the local Head Office can add up all the numbers on the timesheets accurately.

Which they've failed to do with distressing regularity, at which point it becomes a huge pain in the backside to get them to actually do anything to correct it.
      Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Working...
      X