Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever had a customer die in front of your store?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever had a customer die in front of your store?

We have a younger kid that comes into our store that buys scratch tickets. He was a decent kid. He was always getting himself into trouble, but he tried to be good. Well I guess him and his girlfriend got into a fight, he went out and got drunk and then went speeding home. He ended up hitting the telephone pole right in front of our store and died on Monday night. The sad thing is it brings the rash of tragedies in our neighborhood to our front door. A couple of months ago one of our customers stepped in front of a train about a block from the store. Two weeks ago a group of our younger customers were showing off and rolled their car seriously injuring one of them.
    "It takes people like you, to make people like me" Another Night In London - Devildriver

A coupla times, one was an RTC into the side of the building the other was a heart attack, the guy was dead before he hit the floor.

Its a real shitty feeling though.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

We once had a regular customer cut another regular customers throat in the lobby of the movie theater I worked at. We were frantically trying to put pressure on his bleeding while waiting for the ambo when he died. Very eerie feeling. The blood stains never fully came out of the carpeting either.
      "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Most likely an urban legend, as no one would debunk this one at the gas station, but supposedly, years ago when the current owner's father still owned the gas station, some guy was being chased by the cops for raping a girl or something and he pulled into the parking lot by the door (after close) and pulled a gun and blew his head off.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
          Most likely an urban legend, as no one would debunk this one at the gas station, but supposedly, years ago when the current owner's father still owned the gas station, some guy was being chased by the cops for raping a girl or something and he pulled into the parking lot by the door (after close) and pulled a gun and blew his head off.
          Huh, you're not in Virginia, are you? Because my brother's first body pick-up as a mortician's apprentince was a fugitive who blew his head off at a gas station.

We once had someone fatally wounded at a knive-fight at my theatre, but he didn't actually die there.
          "I don't have to take this abuse from you, I've got hundreds of people dying to abuse me."
          "Free at last from my vegetable prison!"
          X-Strike Studios: Video game movies done RIGHT!

Comment

Didn't happen while I was working, but apparently a guy had a neurological problem, went wandering around the theatre, and went over the railing, falling about 20ft or so, cracked his head, and died en route.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

my friend owns a video store she rented a customer some videos the customer walked across the street and was hit by a car and killed

it was very sad ,even sadder was a week later the customers family called wanting the 3.50 back for the movie rental since customer never watched them

my friend informed them that the movies were damaged and that the store could bill the estate for the damages if it chose to

my friend was really upset at the family for worrying about 3 dollars when their love one had just died

Comment

when I was working at carl's jr we had a guy who suffered a heart attack in his car after leaving the restaurant... oh we all saw him, but didn't think anything of it because this guy would often come in, have lunch and take a nap, or come in and have dinner and take a nap before driving home... so both day and evening shift just figured he had come in eaten and gone out to have a nap. It wasn't until closing time that it started getting weird, but we all figured, hey, he must be really tired, must of had a late night last night, though about waking him up but figured no, let him sleep, center security will wake him up if he hasn't woken up already when they do their nightly check to make sure there aren't any abandoned vehicles. Security did find him when they did their nightly check, they did try to wake him up, when they couldn't they called an ambulance who came and pronounced on the scene, he had been dead almost the entire day. (it did make us all feel better when they said that even if we had called as soon as the heart attack had started he still wouldn't have made it).
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Not exactly a customer, but the day before the firm I worked for was preparing to move into one of three new buildings, the building manager was there for the official tour. He walked into the building we were moving into and fell over dead from a heart attack. Two construction guys died during the construction (not too unusual, but not happy news). Our building had weird, eerie stuff happening all the time after we moved in.

For a few months, many years ago, I delivered for Meals on Wheels. In just those few months, two of the recipients died.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth simpleyme View Post
                    my friend was really upset at the family for worrying about 3 dollars when their love one had just died
                    I can understand why that would be confusing and upsetting for your friend.

But there is another way to look at it: What kind of dire financial straits would this family have to be in to even think about getting the $3 back at a time like that?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

no deaths that I know of, but one guy had a seizure and crashed into my mom's friend's vehicle

Comment

Never had it happen to a customer, but, a coworker of mine was killed when he was stuck by a hit-and-run driver who ran a red light while he was crossing the street in front of the store to go home. Fortunately, the cops were able to catch the guy a month later.
                        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Two, I wasn't around when either happened.

First was when I was working at a pastics factory that made trash cans, baby cribs, etc. I arrive for midnight shift and the one machine is blocked off by police tape. I asked what happened and was told that one of the guys was crushed to death helping put a new mold into the machine. Seems they didn't have the right equipment to lift it and was using a smaller forklift with weight added to the back. Well it wouldnt go in right and he went into the machine and under it to help stear it in. It fell off the forks.

I didn't work for that place much longer. The guy was killed in the morning and when I got there management was running around asking when they could get the machine back up and running.

Second, ex-coworker was working the morning shift pumping gas. A regular, an older man, got a fillup, paid, started to drive away and had a heart attack and died. His car kept going out of our lot across the side road and over the cub and into the bushes for the next building over.
                          Last edited by VenomX; 05-31-2008, 08:57 AM.

Comment

This happened soooo many years before I started working there. Well, my grandfather was there then. A operator for the overhead crane, had a heart attack while operating it. The nurse working for the plant, didn't go up and help him; because she didn't want all the guys looking up her dress.

Working at Walmart. We almost had a customer die. He fainted and I happened to see it. I rushed over and made sure that he didn't close his eyes. All the while making sure that he was ok. A coworker was dialing 911. The store manager gave them a $50 gift card.
                            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

An employee died at Wal Mart, but it was before I'd started working there. She just dropped dead behind the sporting goods counter. The paramedics said that she was probably gone before she even hit the floor. I heard the store had counselors available for a week or so afterwards; apparently she was very popular and well-loved.
                              The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Working...
                              X