This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She Was a Good Manager--and They Fired Her

Well, we all got a big shock at work. One of our managers got fired. She was very good to us, and everyone loved her. In fact, she was one of us; she was an operator, before they promoted her to manager.
    And her replacement--a Manager from Hell! I strongly suspect that it was her that was responsible for her firing.
    Get rid of the Good, and replace with the Bad, I guess.

What was the reason for firing the good manager?
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

We are totally in the dark! I'll let you all know, if I hear further word.
      But whatever it is, I'll bet it was largely fabricated!

Comment

Please, do keep us [read: me] informed. My curiosity will get the better of me one of these days...
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
          Please, do keep us [read: me] informed.
          Hey I wanna know too!

And sorry dougie that you have to have a crappy manager now.
          "...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?!" ~ Kalga

"DO NOT ENRAGE THE MIGHTY SKY DRAGON." ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Please, do keep us [read: me] informed. My curiosity will get the better of me one of these days...
            Good thing you're not a cat.

Count me in on the Letting Us Know Parade.
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Still no word on why she got sacked.
              However, I got the email for a guy who might help. He was the formal director of our office. He's a very cool guy, and we all like him. He might be able to shed some light on what happed to her.

Comment

We used to have an awsome DM. She understood what it meant to run a store, had decent expectations for when seasonal should be out and would chip in and help if needed. She was bumped back down to store manager because of these reasons. In her place we got a DM who had no concept of organization and would point out stupid little things, and ignore more important things.
                I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

I feel for you. Since our new boss took over, at least 3 people have been fired who were good operators who worked hard. One mistake and they were out the door. But every worthless idiot who wanders the halls all night and doesn't work much is still there.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Well, from what I gather, she was accused of stealing something. But she's gotten a lawyer, and she plans to fight the firing. Good luck to her--and to us!

Comment

What was the reason for firing the good manager?
                      Because nice guys (or gals) finish last and the corporate office must've liked the asshole manager so much they sacked an otherwise good one to make a spot for her.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Actually, the Mamager from Hell was already there, but this just increases her power--and our Hell!

Comment

Hate to rain on your parade, and hope your situation turns out differently...

Every time I've worked some place where an employee was stealing, he or she was generally very well-liked by colleagues. Every time. If you treat your colleagues like dirt, they are more likely to notice/ act on things like:

double toppings w/out charge on friends' pizza orders,

or giving everyone he knows the employees discount.

Or ringing up his/her own purchases or returns.

Not attaching receipts for services, and getting a CSR to sign off, (thereby giving the
                          service away)

Telling certain customers (her friends) it's a Buy-one-get-one-free special this week, Friend comes in and pokes around and the sale is made when there are no other customers or employees within earshot.

Hitting the "No sale" button to open the register and make change. (Be clever! if you're going to pocket the money the customer gave you, and produce change from the till, be sure the customer is on the same page as you, or he doesn't see you put the money in your pocket!)

Comment

Quoth dougiezerts View Post
                            Well, from what I gather, she was accused of stealing something. But she's gotten a lawyer, and she plans to fight the firing. Good luck to her--and to us!
                            I'm with the above poster. I probably should've read more slowly before responding. If she's been fired for stealing, there's probably a decent chance she was, in fact, stealing and there's proof.

It's one thing to fire somebody for rudeness or poor job performance, which can be interpreted arbitrarily. But to fire somebody for committing a crime requires some pretty solid proof to avoid a lawsuit from the person being fired.

Unless they are trying to set her up for something she didn't do just so they can say they've eliminated the problem, which has been known to happen too. Keep us updated if you can.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

An update:
                              I recently talked with her over the phone. She didn't say much, but she did say that she was harrassed by her managers--the heads of our department. And she said she's not going to fight it, which might mean they paid her off. That probably means they just weren't satisfied with her work.

Comment

Working...
                              X