This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Days of the Work Week

I have a Monday through Friday, 9-5 (ok, 8-5) job.

Unlike most people who work a similiar schedule, I actually enjoy Mondays. Why? Well for one thing, Mondays normally fly by for me. The bosses are usually very busy out in the field, and leave me to my own activities in the office instead of calling me every five minutes. On Mondays, I have a whole weekend's worth of updates to my favorite sites to check out, thus making my day go by quickly and pleasantly. I usually feel great on Mondays, as I've had a whole weekend to rest and relax.

Fridays are usually my least favorite day of the work week. The one good thing about Fridays is getting my paycheck. Other than that, I usually feel pretty crummy by 4 pm Friday afternoon. The bosses usually keep me very busy on Friday morning, then vanish for most of the afternoon. So my morning is busy and stressful, and my afternoon tends to drag on forever with the combination of boredom and longing for the weekend. Usually, one of my bosses will give me something annoying/tedious to do around 4:15 - 4:30, for that final addition to the stress that's built up all week. Finally, the ride home is always worse on a Friday. Traffic triples, as do the asshole drivers. Often when I come home on Friday evenings, I'm ready to cry both from frustration and relief.

So I ask you, my fellow CS'ers - what are your favorite and least favorite days of the week to be at work, and why?

Most days are pretty cool. Thursdays though tend to drag. We don't get as much calls or people coming in at all. Other than that though, most of the days pretty much rock.
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Thursdays....I never could get the hang of Thursdays....

(points for the reference, even though it's easy)
      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

I always hated Sundays when i worked full time at Macy's. I don't know about anyone else, but when i work a shift where i have to open AND close i come home much more exhausted than if i had just as long a shift on a day where i didn't open or close. Plus the place was either completely swamped on Sundays or there was NOTHING to do. I swear there was no middle ground there, it was one extreme or the other.

Come to think of it, Sundays were my least favorite day of the week when i worked for Food Kitty too, especially since i closed every Sunday night for the last 7 months i worked there. That place was a ghost town on Sunday nights and that last hour (11pm-midnight) i was usually alone. As in, no one else there but the overnight stock guys. Talk about boring.
        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post

Sounds like a line from Office Space, but it's been so long since i've seen it.
          Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Hey, you must be a really hoopy frood who really knows where your towel is!
            You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

I tend to work Thursdays through Mondays now (with Tuesday and Wednesdays off). Mondays (only of late) are busy which means I get a pretty good amount of work done before I disappear for two days. Honestly, I rather hate Thursdays as well. They drag on forever but Sundays drag on to Infinity plus 1.

I really really hate Sundays.
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Tuesdays...cause thats when the letter mail is awful. Monday the flats are kinda bad but it's Tuesday when we get hit hard.

Comment

I don't have a set schedule, not even close. And back when I had something resembling one, I didn't really have a fav/least fav day.

But for some reason (seriously), I have a big dislike of Thursdays in general.
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Most of the time I work M-F, but once in a while I have to work weekends. Even though it's for 4 hours on Saturday and Sunday, it sucks. Sunday is the worst since I'm in the BDC room alone and almost all the people I call are away at church/shopping, etc. or I barely get any calls about the ads the dealership puts out.
                    Boooooooooooooring.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I really don't like fridays because that's the one day a week I have to work both jobs (really long day... from 4pm to 7am if I only work what I'm normally scheduled... but when does that happen)... my favorite day is saturday because it is a really slow night and there is no one even resembling a manager to tell me I can't do things like hook up my DVD player to the TV in the lobby or bring in my radio and listen to Coast to Coast AM (best radio show ever). Also saturday seems to be the day with the least problems with the audit... of course none of the other days of the week are that bad... but any day I spend in CRS would be nearly impossible to classify as a favorite day.
                      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I work (currently) three days a week. Tuesday, Wednesday, truck only on Friday (or when it comes in on Saturday), and Saturday.

I hate and loathe Saturdays. That's the day I get SWAMPED with NOTHING BUT 20$ BILLS OR BIGGER. All because of flipping payday.

Last Saturday I had to send my ASM S to the bank TWICE and even they were so swamped, cars were turning OFF just to wait for the teller.

And she forgot quarters both times, too. Glad I close from now on. Mornings are a royal BITCH. (Can you tell I'm not a morning person?)
                        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I HATE Sunday nights. That's when my work week starts. Since I try to be a "normal" person on Friday and Saturday (aka, staying up all day and sleeping at night), Sunday is tough. I tend to sleep 12-15 hours on Sunday, like going to bed at 3 am Sunday morning and waking up at 6 pm or something like that. I never feel I get enough time off.

I love Thursday nights. I gather up my laundry and 8 hours later, I'm done for 2 days. Yay.

I don't mind Wednesday nights. Ghosthunters is on, and the week is winding down a bit.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Sundays are my favorite. It's the one night I'm not working by myself, so I get my work done early and have time to relax.

Mondays are evenly split. I work alone AND have a delivery to put away...but then I usually get to escape to assist at the cooking class.

Thursdays I hate. Same as the first part of my Monday shift. By myself AND a delivery. No class, though.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Background: I work at a drug rehabilitation inpatient clinic.

I work Monday through Friday 8-5.

Mondays are the worst day for me because you never fully know what happens over the weekend, some clients will have gone out on pass to come back high or drunk, some may have gotten into fights, so on and so forth. So basically I never truly know what to expect on Mondays which can be nerve-wracking.

Wednesdays are also a tough day because I lead to groups that day, including a group with the entire house an average of about 50 women.

Friday is my favorite day because my Friday all my individual sessions are done, I only have one make up group for an hour at 4, and I can spend most of the day holed up in my office, listening to music, and doing paperwork.

Comment

Working...
                              X