Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things Turn...interesting. Churchlady part2.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Myra View Post
    Man, is the first part of this story on here somewhere? Somehow, I managed to miss it! I've got to read the beginning! Religious nuts like this always make me smile.

I found it

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ead.php?t=2762
    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Thank you!!!
      I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

Comment

Oh, but he alluded to more in that thread. What else had she done previously?

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
          6:00 Sitting at home bored. Lawyer calls, trying not to laugh. Pastor wants to see me...again. (Oh lord...I screwed up.) When I get to the office, he's fit to be tied. Not mad, but laughing. It seems, I made a dent. Pastor felt the Hail Satan, while a bit over the top, was fitting. He hands me a white envelope. Inside is a check. 2500 dollars. To make up (as he puts it) for the trouble I've been through. Says that he's also going to be giving a special sermon sunday, and wants to know what I think.

Sermon will be on persecution of the innocent. Featuring the story of a poor young shopkeeper who was driven from his business by a woman who was so over zealous that she went looking for the devil; without realising that she was doing his work.
          Ah, good. It's nice to find preachers who, like, understand the Bible, rather than using it to hit people over the head with.

Comment

The beginning: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ead.php?t=2762
            Part 2: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ead.php?t=2881
            For those who missed it and have been looking.
            The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

I hope that pastor looks at her pointedly as he is stating that sermon

LOL oh man, stick it to her !!

Comment

Sweet! I love a happy ending! And a pastor with a clue! (Maybe a frozen salmon of common sense as a sermon tool: ). Have fun at church! I like the idea of dressing really nicely and sitting politely through church: it will melt the rest of the SC's brains.

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
                  Has anyone nominated War Story yet? This is getting too good not to be.
                  Only the mods can do that, but I sure smell the tang of vinegar!
                  Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Anyone can can nominate. The procedure for doing so is explained in the sticky thread in the War Story forum.

Rapscallion

Comment

i would suggest delivering a letter explaining the relevant points of your interaction with the landlord to everyone else who rents from that landlord warning them that he is a spineless toad who will evict you if any irate customers threaten to picket
                      DILLIGAF

Comment

THAT shoud be a war stories!!!!!!!
                        that's cool dude, i;m happy for you!... well, not happy... but pleased you at least got a good laugh and 2500 bucks outta it

Comment

Quoth Trishlovesdolphins View Post
                          THAT shoud be a war stories!!!!!!!
                          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=71
                          "I live in Los Angeles, and I was on the walk of fame. I was drunk, and I got a henna tattoo that says, 'Forever.'" -Zack Galifianakis

Call Sophia Moore or Kent E. Ryder for a good time!

Comment

So did you go to the sermon?

Comment

I am sorry. I have read the entire story from the beginning and the one thing that keeps standing out is your own inability to "handle" this woman. From job to job, this woman just won't leave you alone. You seem to be willing to put up with her. I can't fathom what you are thinking, unless of course this lady is hot in a "middle aged woman" sort of way. You have so many options available to you. You could sue her for harrassement. You could have her arrested. You could actually take action AGAINST her. I just don't understand where you are coming from with the way you are handling it by just ignoring it.

This reminds me of the guy that gets picked on everyday in high school by the exact same person, unwilling to stand up to the bully. All it takes is one good hit and they will leave you alone. I am not saying physically hit her, but do something equivalent. She picks on you because you won't fight back. And that only encourages her to keep harrassing you. You make her life hell everytime she makes yours hell, and she will get tired of going to jail. She is having fun, because she can take it out on you and there are no consequences. She seems to be following you around and runining your life. She may even ruin your business, and you don't seem to even care. Unless you move to the other side of the country, chances are good that she will track you down.

As far as your landlord, you are WAY too calm about it. He is a jerk and I would sue him. Sure you don't have an agreement, but a lot of times civil suits are used just to make someone's life hell. This landlord needs to learn to fear you as much as any church group. You just don't seem to respect yourself enough to understand that you are getting trampled on. You seem like the woman who refuses to leave her abusive boyfriend. No one can help you unless you want to help yourself. And in a way, failure to fight back means that a person gets what they deserve.

(Sorry, I think you are a nice guy and I don't want to start anything with you. I just can't understand why you are being so timid about all this.)

Comment

I don't think it's because he's timid, he probably feels the psycho isn't worth his time or effort. But if I were him, and I set up shop somewhere else and she showed up again, I'd be taking action. I'd take action now, but I can see where he'd think that no matter what he did, it probably wouldn't make a dent.

However, this lady was effing with his livelihood. In the very least, I'd take issue with the landlord. That was some serious B.S. right there.
                                I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

Comment

Working...
                                X