This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job opportunity (not)

I recently got an email via a recruitment site I signed up to about a year ago. This company want me to "Promote and sell our new energy drink to retailers in your area!" I can choose my own area and hours.

I'd probably have gone for it if I didn't know this stuff from the retailer's perspective:

-the energy drink market locally is 60% Red Bull, 39% V and 1% other.
    -the 1% is already made up of over 20 different brands.
    -the companies that sell the 1% seem to go bankrupt every six months or so. So six months from now it will be a different 20 brands.

So I've decided not to call them back.

Becareful. I have seen a MLM scam.. err.. program running around.

"Promote and sell our new energy drink to retailers in your area!"

That sounds just like how they promote it.

Comment

It probably is... my profile on the site says I'm unemployed with sales experience, so they probably thought I'd be an easy target.

Anyway the energy drink market's all stitched up.

Comment

The owner of the place I work for won't touch Red Bull. They hired our old potato chip guy. This guy was an ass, he would load the rack up with all of the same thing then complain when it wouldn't sell. He would not listen. He woudl load it up with all pain chips.

Comment

Quoth VenomX View Post
          The owner of the place I work for won't touch Red Bull.
          You're probably not missing out on many sales. People who buy Red Bull from convenience stores will buy whatever other brand of energy drink you have cold if there's no Red Bull.

Comment

Yeah we sell a ton of Rock Star and Full Throttle.

Comment

Quoth VenomX View Post
              He woudl load it up with all pain chips.
              ouch don't think I'd buy pain chips-sorry had to
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
              X