This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pants Origami

Well, its been a few weeks since I started at the Dry Cleaners', I figure I should give some updates.

So far, nearly 0 contact with Customers. I greet them and stuff and help them with their stuff to their car, but most of the time I'm in the back pressing pants. I can even listen to my Ipod in one ear while I work!

I wish I had my camera though, to show off my new 'scars' on my hand. I touched a pipe (our hot water is MUCH hotter than house water. My boss said our steam is 1000 degrees. And I touched a pipe )

So I discovered a few things about having my hands down (mostly men's) other's trousers:

Pleated pants are of the devil. They should be outlawed. You have to line up the leg-seam with the pleated part at the top. If they're lined, they may as well have 666 stamped on them.

Seamless pants are frustrating as they're the kind that like to 'ripple' and bunch up just before going under the iron, and most are made of fabrics that will ALWAYS show that little wrinkle!

Our waistband-steamer thing (You stick the pants on it, and it holds them open and fills them with steam) can take up to 4 foot circumference in pants.

Liners are evil.

Today the boss had to remove blood stains from a blouse. There was enough blood on that blouse I wondered if we were tampering with Police Evidence.

The pant-pressing machine (Think a waffle iron) does not like me, and keeps trying to eat me.

We have this little hose like a tire-inflater hose that puts out hot steam or just hot air. It has enough pressure to cause some cloths to disintegrate (I have not fortunately caused this, but the boss DID warn me)

I also decided to name this thread Pants Origami, because creasing various styles of pants is a lot like trying to do advanced origami I think. Thus... Pants Origami.

I also kept losing my temper at pants the past week. The boss noticed when I nearly started to cry cause one set just WOULD NOT Crease right.

I'm much better today. Only swore at one pair.

Btw, note to everyone: When we take over the world, let's pass the following laws:

Pleated pants are forbidden. So are creaseless pants.
    If you consistently wet yourself, you are not allowed to wear DRy Clean ONly pants. Dry clean only chemicals do not take out the pee smell.

So there you have it. My first few weeks behind the scenes at a dry cleaners'
    Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

I agree. Pleated Pants are Evil. (BF has pleated pants... that I pleat... with an iron at home...)

But don't blame me because I'm evil. God created pleated pants.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

That would be why every drycleaner I've ever been to has a sign saying they charge more for pleats.

Comment

I dont know actually if ours does. I know we do have an 'upchuk' charge in the system, and one labelled 'Extra Hair.'

Oh, another story: A guy came in with a shirt that the cat had... used as a litter box. No lumps, but stains. So the boss tosses it into our washing machine on its OWN.. No soap or anything right? (the guy was apologetic and agreed to pay extra to try and save the shirt).

The washing machine was full of SUDS five minutes later. I mean literally FULL, there was that much soapy residue in the shirt (Or 'cat' is very sudsy when mixed witih water). THe boss washed it without soap TWICE apparently.
        Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Quoth Horsetuna View Post

Btw, note to everyone: When we take over the world, let's pass the following laws:

Pleated pants are forbidden.
          They shouldn't be in the Fashion World, either (in fact, I'm pretty sure they aren't) but someone still makes the damned things.
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

This is why I have my creases sewn into my work trousers, so much easier, none of this fretting or problem ironing.
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I used to know a marine who would run a bit of fishing line down where he wanted the crease in his pants, and then iron the hell out of them. The fishing line would melt into the inside of the fabric, and give him permanent press *forever*.

Mind, I wouldn't try it with polyester pants

edit:

and I'm a'keepin' my pleated pants. So there
              "Joi's CEO is about as sneaky and subtle as a two year old on crack driving an air craft carrier down Broadway." - Broomjockey

Comment

Working...
              X