This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 hours work for Nothing!

Ok, I work in a home goods/furniture store, and the other night since we have been slow I was asked to do a project.

The thing was, someone had sold a customer a bed that was supposed to be a boxed headboard, a boxed footboard, and some rails.(about a month ago) While it may have seemed rather annoying to open all the boxes and load the bed in the customer's car that way, luckily it happened because we realized there was another footboard in a headboard box. Now our inventory shows multiples of the bed (the head/footboard are sold together) so we can only assume that theres another boxed headboard.

There seems to be none after an intense search, and so we must disassemble the bed to get the headboard thats on the floor ( a headboard/footboard are shown displayed by our own separators) to satisfy the customer.

Its policy for safety issues that either piece cannot be on the floor by itself since its just balancing itself there but no one listened to me when I said we should take the footboard off the floor even when I attempted to do it myself.

Whatever, fast-foward a month and OMG, theres a footboard on the floor by itself, but I can put the daybed of the same style on the floor instead. It takes me a while to get it out of the stock room since it was wedged in between tables and such but I get it to the floor. Only the first part. I think I have the second part when its in fact THE HEADBOARD of the bed. (I was lifting 300 lbs+ of furniture to check names and I was getting frustrated since it started to get busy). Well, I take the daybed back and drag the headboard out. FINE!

After getting that out, I need to find bolts. None whatsoever. I cannot connect the separators. I suggest to use the beds hardware but I MUST leave a note so that if the bed is sold off the floor, the customer gets all the parts. Fine.

FIVE MINUTES LATER no joke after I get the bed together. What gets returned? the lady from last month with headboard and footboard of the SAME BED. A couple hours of this mess would have been saved if fate wasn't such a jerk and would have let me wait for this to get returned out of box. However, that was just the beginning of my night...

Yeah it kinda got worse, but I won't bore ya'll with that

Ouch. The timing does suck And feel free to tell the rest if you want!
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Working...
    X