This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Computer Woes

What the heck are my co-workers downloading?!

I scanned my work computer today. Not mine, per se, but I do try to take care of it. This is what came up after a normal virus scan (bitdefender.com):
    Identified Viruses: 32
    Infected Files: 59

A few choice viruses I noted.

Troja.Purityard.BP
    Java.Trojan.Exploit.Bytverify (8)
    Trojan.Java.Downloader.D (4)
    Java.Trojan.Femad.B (4)
    Java.Trojan.Femad.A (4)
    Trojan.Downloader.Small.BCQ (2)
    Trojan.Downloader.Delf.AGS (2)
    Trojan.Downloader.Small.DKO (4)
    Exploit.Java.Gimsh.B (3)
    Adware.Purityard.EV
    Worm.Generic.11659
    Adware.Antivermins.B
    Trojan.Adclicker.AM
    Adware.Clickspring.AQ
    MemScan:Application.Getmirar.B
    Adware.Trafficsol.C (2)
    Trojan.FakeAlert.QP (2)
    Trojan.Clicker.AC
    Trojan.Zlob.JH
    Trojan.SWfDL.A (3)
    Trojan.Downloader.Purit.Co
    Torjan.Downloader.Agnet.XZS

Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

One person I know from another board downloaded a legitimate software program from a legitimate company (an internationally recognized business). One restart later the computer stopped recognizing all exe and lnk files -- the program had downloaded a nasty virus or ten.

It could've been a harmless thing or e-mail. Or they're into wrestling (apparently a number of wrestling sites are infected), or some kinky stuff.

Comment

Leave the kinky stuff at home like I do!

I just ran AVG and it got rid of even more problems for me. Now the computer is running faster!
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

My speed check is to play a game of Freecell and watch how quickly the cards clear at the end. If I can see them move, it's time to run Spybot on top of a full system scan.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth JLRodgers View Post

It could've been a harmless thing or e-mail. Or they're into wrestling (apparently a number of wrestling sites are infected), or some kinky stuff.
          Maybe a few, but the ones I go to don't
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
            Maybe a few, but the ones I go to don't

same here (( Cheap plug)) www.pwinsider.com go elite its the best wrestling money you will ever spend (( End cheap plug))

Comment

One of my friends is into wrestling (obsessed over it really). When he got a new PC, installed a virus scanner -- and the official wrestling sites (whatever the link is) kept on popping up about a virus/exploit lol -- he stopped visiting it after that unless he absolutely had to for something.

It just shocked me -- you never know these days what site might've been hacked.

Comment

False alarms aren't entirely unknown.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                  False alarms aren't entirely unknown.

Rapscallion
                  True, he thought so so he came over and loaded it on my PC just to be sure and mine (different scanner) confirmed

It was of course years ago -- but always a possibility. Sometimes junk gets on a pc from legitimate sites.

Comment

Working...
                  X