This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• communication problems

To give some background info, the church office is only open on Monday-Thursday mornings, and when the pastor is out of town (as he is for the next few weeks), I'm responsible for checking the church's e-mail. The computer in his office is the only one with Internet access, & since the address ends in "localphonecompany.net", that computer is the ONLY way I can access e-mail sent to the church.
    Anyhow, so apparently there was an issue going on with one of the female choir members who lives in a nearby assisted living facility, "Paula" (our choir leader), had contacted the director of the said facility and asked to meet with them this past Sunday to figure out how to best handle the situation and said to call her if there were any questions. For some reason, "Janet" (the assisted living director) decided to cancel the said meeting, and chose to let us know by sending an e-mail to the church on Friday. Nobody was in the office until I got there this morning, so the choir wasted some time on Sunday waiting for Janet to show up, and they had no clue what was going on.

Uh,
    if this email address is someone@localISP.net, why can't a person log into that account from a different computer - on the web interface?

Get the login name (email addy) and password.
    Get the address of the web interface of the email account.
    Usually on front page of ISP's website.

Do not use local email program (aka on your own computer) to send emails. If you login to this account from a different computer, use the web interface to read and send any emails. This way it's documented.

Cutenoob
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Cutenoob, I am wondering the same thing
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Some ISP have auto-responds for their emails. (mine does) You might want to see if you can do that. Have the email server automatically email everyone that sends you email that the pastor is out of town and email will not be read until he returns on xx/xx.
        I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

well, part of the problem is that I've only been at this job for a little over a month, half that time has been my running the office by myself, and while general day-to-day stuff goes smoothly, let's just say that there's a lot of things which I didn't think to ask the pastor about before he went out of town, it figures that those things would occur during his absence, and there's usually not someone around whom I can ask for help. (dont get me wrong here, I like the job, but there are definitely communication issues with this church, and it makes me look bad when people call the office expecting me to have certain info, and I have no clue what that person is talking about)

Comment

Working...
          X