Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This does not bode well for his future employment.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This does not bode well for his future employment.

We have been doing this induction course at NEW JOB (tm) and for the last two days we have had a few people from the stores for some relatively close cities.

Most of them were lovely, but one made me feel that I wouldn't actually shop in that particular branch of *optician* if they hired him.

He is, what I, as a brit, would call a chav, in pretty much every way. He is also lazy, opinionated, pushy, rude, and generally unpleasant.

He, in his ooh, second week on the job, while visited another city, on an important induction course, decided to go out on the piss last night. So today he was dopier, and more obnoxious than yesterday.

I saw the trainer giving him a few odd looks over his strange, slurred interjections.

I suspect he won't be with the company for two long.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

i realize that the chav has been explained before, but im still trying to wrap my brain around the idea. are they like the true poor white trash of the plains states that have more dead cars in their yard than teeth in their head? or are they closer to the 867 bunch from gravekeepers posts? either way im sorry you would have to work with either group.
    This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
    my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
      He is, what I, as a brit, would call a chav, in pretty much every way. He is also lazy, opinionated, pushy, rude, and generally unpleasant.
      Isn't that like saying he's a salmon, and also swims, breathes water, has fins, and tastes great to bears?
      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

If you've watched Hot Fuzz, it's the chap in the purple tracksuit who steals the biscuits, that's a chav.
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
          If you've watched Hot Fuzz, it's the chap in the purple tracksuit who steals the biscuits, that's a chav.
          havent seen it, is it out on dvd?

Comment

Quoth SteeleDragon78 View Post
            havent seen it, is it out on dvd?
            It has been out for quite some time, well over a year now by my reckoning...

Comment

Hmmm... I suppose White Trash would be the CLOSEST correlation, but with some peculiarly British bits.

This boy himself was acne ridden in the way that speaks of bad diet, not bad luck, short, spiked, gelled hair, and spoke in chav-ese. He actually said 'innit'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdNfFwi3YLU
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoQnO...eature=related

In general terms, it is a subculture of British life, characterised by deliberate and often aggressive ignoranced, sexism, homophobia and racism- which is ironic, because they steal a lot from american hip-hop culture.

It's cool to be violent and attack people who look different to you. Contraception is for idiots. It is cool to never go to school and never learn anything.

There is a certain look attached to it, but the real chavvyness is the attitude- nearly all are rage filled stupid attention whores.

In terms of the look, sports wear for the men, nearly always knock-off's of famous brands. Short gelled hair or a shaved head, covered by a cap. Tons of gold jewellery from argos (or any discount jewellers)_ big, chunky, and much more nickel than gold. Mobile phone blasting tinny version of latest crap r+b hit. They LOOK vitamin d deprived.

For the girls, either sports wear or clothes even I would consider a little on the tarty side. Clothes always two sizes too smal with fat spilling all over the place. At least three kids by the time of 22- coz if u aint had that many ur frijjid, innit, + no guy fancies u, innit. they nearly always smoke throughout the pregnancy, cause they hear it creates smaller babies. Hair scraped back so tight they end up giving themselves tension baldness, tons of 'gold' jewellery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJzj2yLwC14

or and argos jewellery... http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse...es|9556044.htm
              Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
                There is a certain look attached to it, but the real chavvyness is the attitude- nearly all are rage filled stupid attention whores.
                As in this video (warning this will HURT!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZZXslsLDLs

Comment

from what youve described it sounds creepily close to the hillbilly wiggers of my neck of the woods. most of them would fit right in at a neonazi rally but then blast the latest from 50 cent etc. oi, im very sorry you have to work with someone like that. have a cookie and a shot on me

Comment

The Argos jewelry reminds me of the stuff I see in the ever so infamous place called THE SWAP SHOP (it's in Fort Lauderdale)!Besides the cheap jewelry, you can buy copious amounts of cheap knock-off designer clothes, shoes and garage sale fodder too. The 12 Days of Chavmas was hilarious!!!
                    Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 07-09-2008, 09:28 PM.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Wow, Chav explains a friend of mine perfectly.

Its freaky.
                      http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
                      Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

Around here we too would call them "wiggers".

They're white kids who wear the baggy tracksuits with the pants hanging right off the ass, "shorts" that come down almost to their ankles, gold chains, baseball caps, Timberlands or Air Force Ones, etc. Basically the "hip-hop" kind of look.

They also seem to like to drive those low-rider cars and trucks with the deeply-tinted windows and juge-ass stereo systems so all you hear is "BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM" as they drive past.

A good place to find them is at TJ Maxx, because they carry clothes from some of the brands they favor, like Ecko, FUBU and so forth. Every time I'm in one of those stores there always seems to be a couple of them going through all the clothes.
                        Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 07-09-2008, 09:32 PM.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth SteeleDragon78 View Post
                          from what youve described it sounds creepily close to the hillbilly wiggers of my neck of the woods. most of them would fit right in at a neonazi rally but then blast the latest from 50 cent etc. oi, im very sorry you have to work with someone like that. have a cookie and a shot on me
                          It's ok, he's two hours train journey away from me, and for brits that's a long way. Luckily, at my branch no-one seems to be chavvy in the slightest.

We seem to have much more exacting hiring standard.

At some point today he said 'ya know, wi'll prolly never c each uvver agen" and I barely restrained my "yay".

Whenever I said words over three syllables he went 'wha?'

Comment

So basically they're like the new Cockney, only without the lovable working class aspect?

Also, I never understood the idea of wearing shorts that reach your ankles. Doesn't that make them... pants?

Comment

apparently not much of a difference...
                              Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 07-09-2008, 11:20 PM.
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                              X