This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic Stops

I just got pulled over by the police 4 times in the last hour....

One of our officers is new and his FTO (field training officer) wanted him to practice traffic stops so I got to be the person he pulled over. I got 3 warnings for stop sign violations, a ticket for the same, and a ticket for no insurance. I also got to be a bit snotty with the guy for the last one and while he was looking me up and writing the ticket, I started to walk back to his car (never ever ever actually do this!) so we could test his awareness.

Overall it was fun and he did good. Not a bad way to spend an hour of work.
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Now that sounds like a fun day at work. You got to live out a mild version of cops, and not get maced/tazered/or the shiny bracelets.
    My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post
      I just got pulled over by the police 4 times in the last hour....
      The first thing that came to mind was "how bad of a driver are you???"

The second thing was "what did you do to piss them off that much???"

Then I finished reading your post.

Comment

I started to walk back to his car (never ever ever actually do this!) so we could test his awareness.
        Yeah, definitely not something I'm going to do. I'd like to be able to keep saying I've never been Tazered/maced/shot.
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
          Yeah, definitely not something I'm going to do. I'd like to be able to keep saying I've never been Tazered/maced/shot.
          Oh, pish tosh. Getting gassed is a great way to clear out your sinuses!
          "Joi's CEO is about as sneaky and subtle as a two year old on crack driving an air craft carrier down Broadway." - Broomjockey

Comment

Quoth Arm View Post
            Oh, pish tosh. Getting gassed is a great way to clear out your sinuses!
            Have you ever been pepper sprayed? My sinuses were least on the noticed list and I barely got hit Besides, we don't use pepper spray or tazers here, so it'd be the gun or the stick.
            "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Have you ever been pepper sprayed? My sinuses were least on the noticed list and I barely got hit Besides, we don't use pepper spray or tazers here, so it'd be the gun or the stick.
              Nah, I used to get CS gassed in the Army. Never been pepper sprayed. CS burns but also causes you to dump out major quantities of mucus, tears, sweat, etc.

CS also cures pinkeye. I'm not entirely sure of the mechanics on that one.

I did hear about how you could get 'riot gas certified' but it was not something I was ever interested in, so I'm not sure if it was for the local cops, the Army, or the MPs... basically, you get hit with Mace, CS, pepper spray and tear gas, then hit the pistol range and perform a series of tasks.
              "Joi's CEO is about as sneaky and subtle as a two year old on crack driving an air craft carrier down Broadway." - Broomjockey

Comment

Quoth Arm View Post
                Nah, I used to get CS gassed in the Army. Never been pepper sprayed. CS burns but also causes you to dump out major quantities of mucus, tears, sweat, etc.

I did hear about how you could get 'riot gas certified' but it was not something I was ever interested in, so I'm not sure if it was for the local cops, the Army, or the MPs... basically, you get hit with Mace, CS, pepper spray and tear gas, then hit the pistol range and perform a series of tasks.
                Haha I can't wait to get to Ft. Leonard Wood... You can (or have to if you are going to be doing Prison duty) get certified in the Army too, one of those dreaded "confidence courses" as they call them. Let us hit you in the face with mace, now go run, jump, climb trees and put on a little makeup while you're up there.. (cookies for reference)

Comment

As I read this at first I though someone you worked with was playing a jolly jape and had put a marker on a computer system on your car.

Then I just giggled instead!
                  A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
                    Haha I can't wait to get to Ft. Leonard Wood... You can (or have to if you are going to be doing Prison duty) get certified in the Army too, one of those dreaded "confidence courses" as they call them. Let us hit you in the face with mace, now go run, jump, climb trees and put on a little makeup while you're up there.. (cookies for reference)
                    I came back in one day after sweating off all my camo, and one of the females came to me and said, "have you ever tried wearing green eyeshadow? It really looks like you could wear it."

To this DAY I have no idea if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I don't mean that she meant it in a cutting way- she seemed perfectly sincere. I just never thought of myself as an eyeshadow-wearing kind of guy.

Comment

I'm from Seattle, and have a mother who is a political activist. I've actually developed a strong resistance to tear gas, and can function reasonably well under the effects of police-strength pepper spray. But CS is evil stuff.

Interesting trivia fact: Did you know that roughly one person in ten thousand is killed instantly on inhaling even a tiny quantity of tear gas? They can usually be resuscitated, and that's the reason there's always a medic standing by whenever recruits (army, police, etc) are exposed to tear gas the first time in training.

Comment

Quoth Arm View Post
                        I came back in one day after sweating off all my camo, and one of the females came to me and said, "have you ever tried wearing green eyeshadow? It really looks like you could wear it."

To this DAY I have no idea if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I don't mean that she meant it in a cutting way- she seemed perfectly sincere. I just never thought of myself as an eyeshadow-wearing kind of guy.
                        Maybe it matched your cammies? There's some nice muted, pastel eye shadow that would perfectly complement Army ACUs you know.

Comment

Quoth Difdi View Post
                          But CS is evil stuff.
                          It is indeed, hence why UK police use it instead of pepper spray/mace etc...
                          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I have a friend that got maced by the police(he deserved it) one time. they weren't nice enough to tell him that the trouble breathing is all in his head, so he thought he couldn't breathe, does it make me a bad friend to think that's funny? he did deserve it, he was violating curfew, under the influence, and told the cop to STFU

Comment

Quoth Arm View Post

lol in that case you might like my tshirt

From think geek... a molecule of Capsaicin, the yummy stuff in OC spray

Comment

Working...
                              X