This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• somehow I knew this would happen

OK, so the new owners swear that they don't want to replace everyone that is already here... but so far they've replaced 2 housekeepers and a desk person... ok, I don't disagree with their choices for who they are getting rid of... but here's the part that bothers me... there aren't enough hours to go around (I just got my hours cut, as did quite a few desk people) and they are actively hiring new desk staff...
    oh for those keeping track, when I was hired I was told that I would only start at 2 days a week until one of the employees finished her last day (she had just turned in her 2 weeks notice... they didn't expect anyone to apply so soon) and after that I would be doing 4 shifts a week (32 hours)... I found out this week that my hours were cut to 3 shifts a week (24 hours).
    So tell me... what is wrong with this picture... they don't have enough hours to keep me at the 32 I'm supposed to be working, but they can be hiring new people?
    Anyone else getting the vibe that they are trying to get people to quit?
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Yes they are trying to get people to quit.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

It's pretty common for new owners to purge the old and bring in new...employees, that is. If they "encourage" you to quit, they don't have to pay pesky little things like unemployement. So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to invite you to quit.

Not sure what to suggest. Maybe approach them and ask about more hours? I would approach with a gameplan though. Be prepared to describe how valuable you are to the company and why YOU deserve more hours. If they believe you to be an asset and not get in the way of how new ownership does things, you might keep your job more easily.

In the meantime, start polishing the 'ol resume and looking for other work.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

The stupid is strong in your new boss. Lets hid ehis body and I'll take over as owner.

It's an inheritance, I swear.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Perhaps they are looking for people to become wage/shift competitive. Nice idea in theory, will royally screw them in the long run.

Good luck to them, cuz their idea will fail. I hope you get your hours back
          When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

supposedly I'll be getting my hours back in2 weeks... also supposedly we will be going onto a fixed schedule... the newest variation on the theme is that apparently this is the current manager screwing around because she doesn't like the owners... or at least that's the rumor going around the workplace...
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
            X