This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No water for 4 days means...

I work for a rather large company who stores it's people in another rather large company so that they can work.

Well, they've been wanting to expand one parking lot and build this other building for more servers and what not. So, they were telling us that the water could be off for 1 day and for that day they would have porta-potties for everyone to use. There's about 8k-10k people in our building alone. So, that was getting super gross for me.

Then they said it would be 4 days without water. So, now I just became a manic phobic and started freaking out.

Then we got another email that said we'll have water and won't have to use the porta-potties. They're going to put these tubes into the building from the fire hydrants to make sure we can at least use the restrooms. But, we won't have drinking water.

The tubes are going to look like this...

That mannequin you see on the ground, that was me when I read the email about having to use porta-potties for 4 days. I'm better now.

Seriously, my heart stopped.
    When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

How I felt:

...Did I mention that power came back on at my hotel after 9 days without it?
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post

You werent open for those 9 days were u?

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        How I felt:

...And I'm betting you still had to work, right, because you had "guests' needs" to consider?

(That's just how most businesses in H-Town strike me as working. Anything to make a buck, even off of Hurricane victims, etc. Didja see all the news reports about price gouging!?!?!)

Comment

Eww! I hate porta potties and try to avoid them whenever I can. Which is very hard to do when I'm outside because I have to pee every hour or so.
          "But I don't want to be among mad people."
          You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

Comment

Quoth Fashion Lad! View Post
            That mannequin you see on the ground, that was me when I read the email about having to use porta-potties for 4 days. I'm better now.
            Can I ask you why you appear to have some kind of yellow tape coming out of your shoulder...?
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
              Can I ask you why you appear to have some kind of yellow tape coming out of your shoulder...?
              Weirder things have happened under such horrible circumstances.
              When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

Working...
              X