This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tv for the breakroom!

We recently got a big screen tv for the breakroom. I don't know how this mysterious object appeared, but I'm not sure it's being put to the best uses.

Someone brought in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest on DVD. For the past week, this movie has been on constantly, all day, every day. I have two theories on this: 1) whenever the movie stops, someone passing by, just presses play again. 2) someone is trying to watch the entire movie, but because our breaks are broken up by 15 and 30 minute intervals, this person keeps playing and scene flipping, leaving the movie on, and it's taken them a week to watch the whole thing.

I have nothing against the movie, but srsly? A week straight? ^_^;; It got broken up by October Sky for one showing, but then right back to PotC. If it's still on after my off days, I'm going to bring my own movies, and hide that one.

*whines*

Lucky! And I thought it was cool when we got our big table and the fact we have a fridge in our breakroom. *pouts*

In all seriousness, I hope nobody screws this up for you guys. That's a nice piece of equipment.
    Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty awesome and hopefully the worst thing that happens is disney movies playing.

Comment

Try Scary Movie for a month. Or the same episodes of the Office and that 70's show perpetually.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Hey, Kierra (sp) is hawt, I could watch it nonstop for a week just to watch her

yeah, I agree, if having to watch PoTC is the worst that happens with that tv consider yourself lucky.
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

We have an HDTV in our break room--hooked up to rabbit ears.

On a good day you get about 5 channels.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

my bf had that once at one of his old second jobs working in a camera dept. the sight-and-sound guys had a dvd of... i think it was finding nemo... playing and it got to the point where they could tell how far along they were in the shift by what part of the movie was playing.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

and after Feb. of 2009, you wont get anything with rabbit ears.
                I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

At my job they once put up a shelf of demo TVs in the seasonal section, facing the front-line. They hooked a DVD player up to it and put in a nice, family friendly DVD. At the time, there was usually a TV set up, hooked up to a DVD player to play something other than the company demo tapes or whatever. There was an entire drawer behind the service desk filled with Disney DVDs.

Well, for about a month, the movie in the DVD player was Finding Nemo.

EVERYONE got sick and tired of that moive by the end of Day 2... except for me. It's one of my favorite movies.

And I always got a grin out of the kids when I'd start quoting the Sharks Anonymous pledge, quote Crush, or do my seagull imitation.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                    Well, for about a month, the movie in the DVD player was Finding Nemo.
                    There's nothing wrong with the "Finding Nemo" DVD.

In fact, if your co-workers are a bit on edge at hearing the movie for the 400th time, just choose the "virtual aquarium" option from the "special features" menu and enjoy the beautiful visuals without all of the dialog that you've memorized already!

(I'm assuming that no-one is so burnt-out that the relaxing sea-sounds and pictures will out them to sleep..)

Comment

Reminds me of a job I had as a teenager. The workshop had an old muzak player, which used 4 hour endless-loop audio cassettes (about the same shape but half the size of a speak&spell, if you get the reference). The exact tapes that were available were slightly random, week to week.

The boss insisted he couldn't work without music, and something about the building blocked radio...so this one week, when the only available tape was Achy Breaky Heart on endless loop...well, it cured me of country music FOREVER.

Comment

Quoth Difdi View Post
                        when the only available tape was Achy Breaky Wind on endless loop...well, it cured me of country music FOREVER.
                        Edited for my amusement.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

Quoth donruss View Post
                          and after Feb. of 2009, you wont get anything with rabbit ears.
                          We currently have an HDTV hooked up to rabbit ears at home. We get 2 sets of channels--the regular analog broadcast (kind of to mostly fuzzy) and the HD broadcast, which is crystal clear--when the signal comes through, then it pixilates and freezes when the wind blows, or the sun sneezes, or the clouds cast shadows.

I'm thinking that since we get the HD broadcast with rabbit ears now, we'll probably still get it in Feb. It's the people that don't have an HD capable TV that will be affected.

BTW, we even get a few extra channels on HD broadcast, and one of them has become our favorite!
                          Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
                          X