This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strangest/most interesting things left as tips

Couple of yrs ago, I was a waiter. In my career, I had a couple of interesting things left. One was a very cute drawing made by a little kid. Another was a glass of wine. The last was a huge stuffed snake.
    Note: these were all in addition to the money.
    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably a tract. I'm not that religious, but would lean towards Christian, kinda felt insulted.

Comment

We have wax stix that the little kiddies can play with. I get left wax hearts and shapes all the time. Sometimes the kids even hand them to me with a huge smile. I can't resist, I have many on my refrigerator!
      "There is no rehab for stupidity." --Chris Rock
      "You learn something new and stupid every day you work in retail."--IhateCrappyTire

Comment

Candy (from the candy machine, indivdually wrapped of course), buttons, I once got a fortune cookie (while I worked at Huddle House, a 24 hour diner in NC). That actually made my day.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I got scratch and wins a few times. And one nice lady bought me a bottle water because I was tired

Comment

At the animal hospital, a woman insisted I take a couple of apples in the middle of a very busy afternoon! I didn't get a chance to eat one till after my shift ended!

At the same place, we had a woman that would bring in platters of sandwiches and snacks on EVERY holiday. (We were open nights, weekends and holidays when the regular vets were closed.) Grandparents' Day? She brought us food!

BTW, if you ever want to donate something to your favorite vet clinic, newspapers and towels are always in short supply!
            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
            X