This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, no, absolutely not!

No. I refuse to believe it. Absolutely freaking refuse. Halloween's not even over yet. We got two trucks in yesterday as I was getting off work... Can you guess what was on them? That's right, boys and girls! CHRISTMAS STUFF.... Oh wait, I'm sorry, let me rephrase that... MORE Christmas stuff!!! AGHHH! And according to a couple people I work with, I've only got about two more weeks until *gasp the horror!* The christmas music starts playing.... Please.. Someone... HELP!!!!!

OMG. I think my store only plays it for the month of December... not November AND December. I would quit.

In other news, we've been putting Christmas stuff up on risers for probably 3 weeks now... and we get more every week on our truck. I don't know how we'll fit it all in the store before Christmas. Ugh.
    I work at Walgreens.

(I'm just tired of mentioning it every time I want to relate to a story. )

Comment

*snicker snicker snicker*

We've been getting Christmas stuff in since August, and we've had most of it set since early September.

Shit, we just had a big load of it come in on the last truck.

The rest of it goes up in a week or so, provided we can get rid of some of our (outrageously overpriced) Halloween costumes and chotchkies.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Well, considering I work at the same place you do IEatCustomers (only obviously a different store... maybe?) I'm hoping they were just messing with me... LOL I don't know if I'll be able to handle two months of Christmas music...

Sheesh Irving! I'm so sorry for you >.<

Comment

I didn't know Walgreen's had restaurants. ^^

Comment

LOL Woops, I havent changed that yet..... The restaurant fired me (see post in Morons In Management)..... *goes to change that now*

Comment

Just wait until the first shipments of Easter candy come. The week between Christmas and New Years.

Also, if the Christmas music starts up in 2 weeks, I'm liable to hurt someone.

(I, too, am a Walgreens employee.)
              Marvin: "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Krispy Kreme puts the "ugh" back in "doughnuts".

Comment

I've got you all beat. I've had Christmas stuff coming on the truck since the last week of JUNE.
                Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Eesh. My band is ALREADY practicing Christmas carols for god knows how many pageants and concerts we've got coming up. AND I have to fit that in around work and uni as well
                  Work-wise, we've already put up Christmas stuff, more keeps coming off (or so I've heard from my connections in nightfill and groceries) and the carols will start next month.
                  Unfortunately we only have five set tunes...but TEN different versions of them!
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth TheComputerError View Post
                    Just wait until the first shipments of Easter candy come. The week between Christmas and New Years.
                    At my store that doesn't come quite so early. Although we usually have Valentines candy set up by Christmas day.

Comment

*hands Redhead a rope, a knife, and a cyanide pill* There, now you have options!

PS: I giggle everytime uses the term "uni" in reference to university. In my town, there is a psychiatric facility that is called "uni". Coincidence? I think not.
                      "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

When I was dancing, we started Nutcracker rehearsals in July/Augustish. Imagine the self control it took to not rip out the PA speakers in the mall. And my mom was humming Waltz of the Flowers the other day. *twitch*
                        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I have a question. Whatever happened to Thanksgiving? <.<
                          Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

What sucks at our store is that we got our HUGE xmas shipments throughout this month. (Including our music) But that also means that after this shipment comes in, we'll have very very little come back in to be restocked. Sometimes we're sold out of a lot of things by late November.

Cue very angry customers.

Including the one that just brought in a huge box of stuff from LAST christmas hoping to get a full refund. She didn't. She left with a huff.

But I LOVE buying leftovers at 90% off plus my 25% discount

Comment

Quoth Meegz View Post
                              What sucks at our store is that we got our HUGE xmas shipments throughout this month. (Including our music) But that also means that after this shipment comes in, we'll have very very little come back in to be restocked. Sometimes we're sold out of a lot of things by late November.

Cue very angry customers.
                              Ditto here. By the middle of next month we probably will not be getting in any more Christmas chotchkies.

I'd like to think the DC is running out. I mean, how many boxes of Christmas ornaments and gift wrap and cards and lights can they send us yet?

We still have to set a couple aisles of Christmas yet, but first we have to sell down some of our Halloween crap.

For example, we have this Wonder Woman costume. It's a miniskirt and a cape/top. They want $79.99 for it. Amazingly, I don't see people trampling each other to buy vastly overpriced garments they will wear once a year, possibly even only once in their entire lives.

Comment

Working...
                              X