X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My boss is MIA

This is a new one.

So my boss of 5 years who's been with the company for 13 goes on vacation last week and I'm stuck working at his store all of Christmas. No big deal. His vacation was supposed to end yesterday and he's back at work today at his store, while I'm at mine which is about 40 miles away.

Last night, I'm working at his store and I get a phone call from his roommate asking if he was there. He had apparently moved all his stuff out of the apartment and they hadn't seen him nor had they been able to reach him, so they wanted to know if I kne where he was.

I had just assumed he wasn't back from vacation yet. I went home last night, and went to my store this morning.

Around noon I get a phone call from a really pissed off customer who's waiting at my boss's showroom to open. He's nowhere to be found, for whatever reason.

None of the other associates know what's going on, nor do any of the other managers or district managers in California. If he got held up because of travel plans he would have contacted someone. We have no clue where he is, and when you add into the fact that the roommate called, I'm actually worried.

One of the other managers thinks it's just a breakdown in communication regarding the schedule and that he'll be in tommorrow (having his vacation end today instead of yesterday) but we have no idea what's going on at the moment.

Hope he doesn't get mad at me because I've been asking other managers if they've heard from him, but at the same time, I need to cover my own ass and explain why the time clock shows me punching in at this store 3 hours after we're supposed to open...
    "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Wow..

Sounds.. ominous..

Comment

I would certainly hope that he wouldn't be mad at you for worrying about him and asking around regarding his whereabouts! If I were your boss, I would be glad that you showed some kind of concern.

The set of circumstances is indeed very worrisome, and I hope your boss is located soon!
      Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

I'm with Iris -- I hope he's okay!

Sounds odd, what with his roommate calling and the stuff being moved out and no one being able to get ahold of him. Sounds like the start of a murder mystery or something!

Let us know if he's found! I hope it's just a miscommunication.
        I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

I hope I didn't just get promoted
          "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
            I hope I didn't just get promoted
            Don't worry. They can't MAKE you accept a promotion!
            I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

I hope he's ok too, but I'm sure it's just a little break-down of communication.

Still, it's much better to cover your own ass, and take care of things, just in case.

Comment

Quoth persephone View Post
                Don't worry. They can't MAKE you accept a promotion!
                Course, they could make you do the work of the promotion without giving the promoted title or pay raise...
                Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Fenrus View Post
                  Course, they could make you do the work of the promotion without giving the promoted title or pay raise...
                  I already do the job, it's the title and the paycheque I want...

From a retail comic that I can't find...
                  "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

Sounds to me like your boss has flipped his lid and up and quit. Moved off to greener pastures. Decided he hated his life and just left.

Oh, wait, that's me!

Okay, so....I have no idea.
                    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Sounds like the vacation went a little TOO well...

Many a folk have been known to pack up and move to wherever they just spent a fun-filled week. One of my best friends in the world called me from Jamaica and asked me to mail some of his things to him there, and to keep the rest.

Can't say I blamed him. And now I have free lodging if I want to vacay in Jamaica.
                      "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
                      -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

If he doesn't come into work on his next scheduled shift, my guess would be that he decided, for whatever reason, to get the hell out of Dodge. Since, honestly, if anything had happened TO him, it seems unlikely that all of his stuff would be out of his place, don't ya think?

Just a guess.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

The question is did he pack up before or after he left for his vacation? mayeb his vacation wasn't a vacation and he moved somewhere. It'll be interesting to find out what happened.

CH
                          Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

I have a feeling there's very little in the way of drama here, and this is actually a non-event.

The guy probably just skipped town. People do it all the time.

Any updates?
                            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I'm with Ree on this one... sounds like the guy just decided to take off.
                              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                              X