This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go to the store for me!

This thread reminded me of a rather ... unusual mishearing incident at the old job.

I showed up for work and realized I'd left some important items at home and... we were going to be stuck out on the water for a week. There was a rumor that they'd be delaying it for a day, which would give me the chance to go to the store or have someone go for me....

While thinking of this, I waited in line to use the iron, finding out it was someone's personal iron ... I must have left mine at home or something (I don't remember). What I do remember was talking about the rumor that they were going to wait a day to head out to the sea....

Me: Oh I sure hope so. That way I could ask someone to go to the store for me.

I'd been meaning someone as in "someone from my workshop"... but apparently she heard it as "someone... as in YOU" and was rather confused, and I think slightly offended that I'd just assume she'd go to the store for me when she barely knew me.

I was nice however and clarified that I meant someone from the shop... After all she was letting me borrow her iron. (though inside... I kinda felt like I was talking to someone who's mind was running with only 1 out of 6 pistons working)
    Last edited by PepperElf; 01-04-2009, 10:53 PM.

Waking up as a non-morning person.

Comment

Working...
    X