X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so sick of my job

I hate my job so much.

I called off work again today, because I couldn't muster the energy to go in and get yelled at all day.

I hate most of my coworkers, and the customers just seem to yell at me all day.

I work at a big name store at the customer service desk, and do returns, deal with sorting all the reshops, and damaging out claims as best I can.

I can only do so much in a shift, yet I'm constantly being left alone, without a walky talky (which all managers carry, it's to be able to communicate with them in case I need help, so it's hell without one), and now that it's the holidays, I have more than enough help from rude co-workers on holiday work.

I just..can't take it anymore. I don't know what to do.

I just graduated in December from college, and i'm trying to find a real job. I don't know if I can hold out until I find a "real" job.

I graduate from College too about several years ago.

Comment

MalMal, I think it's time for a vacation.

TO THE BEACH! Anyone seen my sunscreen?
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

escape to miami or california...ill pay for your aireline ticket if you want

Comment

Me too. I love the travel but dislike the actual passenger interaction, serving them and pretending to care about their petty whinings. Oh wait, I don't pretend!

Wanting to head back to the civil service pronto, what I would give for an office of my own again and no passengers to bug me. The public sector is pretty much the only sector recruiting.
          No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Dear Malmalthekiller,

I send you hugs, cookies, your beverage of choice and anything else you might want.

I've been in your place and it isn't fun. I've had jobs in which I got eye infections because I woke up crying every day at the thought that I had to go to work. The job itself wasn't bad and I could do it but the people around me were so smarmy and acted in such a superior way that I felt ground into the carpet. They weren't smarter or better than me but they all banded together to shut out the 'interloper'.

I'm 61, Malmalthekiller. I'll be retiring on my 62nd Birthday in August of this year. It wasn't my choice but I won't be sad to leave. I believe you're much younger and have time to grow. From my experience, I hope I can tell you that things will get better. You will find a place that is well suited for you. It will take time, it may not be easy but you will find a job that's right for you.

Until that time comes, I wish you all the best, my Dear. Please remember that you are smart, you are talented and that no one can debase you without your consent. Hold your head up, walk proud and, most of all, believe in yourself.

I know that sounds like a tired, old cliche but it's true. As you believe yourself to be, you will be.

Hugs again and hang in there.
            Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

Malmal, it's time to get out of hell and get a new job. I know it's hard but it will be so much better for you if you do.
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I can relate. The difference for me is that I'm working my way through college the second time around. The first time, I couldn't decide what to do with my education. Now, I'm 31, married, going to school full-time, working a work-study job at a museum operated by the university, working part-time at a convenience store, and have a baby on the way. Despite little-to-no free time, I mostly enjoy my routine. Dealing with the general public at the convenience store is the only rotten spot because the general public that visits the museum is a completely different character. It's really come into perspective for me with being off school for the holidays. I've spent more time at the c-store, and have felt absolutely miserable about it. I thought I was going to rip someone's head off before finals week was over, but I ended up earning A's in all my classes so that it paid off. Now, I'm ready to go back to school so that I can feel guilt-free about cutting my c-store hours to almost nothing once again.
                The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Working...
                X