This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladies, start your whining...

29 cartons of Dickies workwear came in on the truck last week. They had to be set aside until direction came down from corporate on what to do with them; that isn't due until the 26th. So once the cartons and their contents were checked in, the apparel people set them on 4 flatbed carts and put notes on them to leave them in the backroom until the 26th.

Big no-no. We stock monkeys have been going on a crusade to keep the flatbed carts as freed-up as possible so that they can be used to put freight on off the truck and to carry out large items. The flatbeds are not to be used to stash stuff that isn't going to be going anywhere for a while. Anything that's going to sit can go on pallets; we have scores of them outside and can always bring in more when needed.

In fact, last truck we wound up with freight piled on the backroom floor because the unload crew ran out of carts and pallets to put stuff on; we then had to take that freight out to the salesfloor ourselves.

So this morning, I took the cartons of Dickies off the carts and stacked them on a couple pallets. I didn't really try to keep the heaviest boxes off the top of the pallets. The apparel people can go fuck themselves in the ear for all I care; we've constantly been telling them not to use our flatbeds to store their excess crap they can't take to the floor or don't want to backstock, and they never listen.

So when they bitch, and bitch they will, oh boo hoo. They don't do anything for me.
    Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 01-23-2009, 10:06 PM.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Maybe one day they'll learn. You never mess with Irv!

Good for you man, I would do the same thing. Cause I really don't give a damn. If you want to be lazy thay's fine as long as it doesn't hinder my ability to do my job effectively.

Comment

Working...
    X