This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terror at the New Job

Day two is over, and was less boring than yesterday. So far, my duties are as follows:

-Answer phone and transfer calls
    -Try to learn everyone's names
    -Pretend I'm not actually on the Internet during downtime
    -Get the first part of the first lessons of reports I'll be doing
    -Go send packages and pick stuff up from the store

This last one is the scariest. Mainly because my boss, referred to starting now as Cola, has me drive her BIG ASS SHINY RED SO NEW AND KERSPENSIVE TRUCKITY TRUCK!

I had never driven a truck before yesterday. And this isn't one of those reasonably-sized ones. This is a TANK! A red tank so the blood from your unfortunate victims doesn't show! A luxury tank with spacious leather seats and On Star navigational technology.

And she sent me out during a rush hour. T-T

On the plus side, when everyone at my workplace turn into zombies, I'll have transportation. ^^
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Planning for the Zompoclypse is always a good idea. Me and a co-worker spent most of sunday planning during our down time.
    http://footloosecomic.com Pirate Faeries!!

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
      This last one is the scariest. Mainly because my boss, referred to starting now as Cola, has me drive her BIG ASS SHINY RED SO NEW AND KERSPENSIVE TRUCKITY TRUCK!
      This phrase had me crying with laughter. Oh dear Jeebus. The pain! The fantastic pain!

Comment

Quoth the_std View Post
        This phrase had me crying with laughter. Oh dear Jeebus. The pain! The fantastic pain!
        It was the only way to describe it.

What's worse is she parks the Tank right outside. I can see it from my desk.

It's waiting for me... like Christine. Only bigger and harder to stop.

Quoth Animae View Post
        Planning for the Zompoclypse is always a good idea. Me and a co-worker spent most of sunday planning during our down time.
        Yeah, it'd actually be a bit trickier here. No pizza trays or giant spatulas for weaponts.

Though we do have potted plants and lots of books that'll do in a pinch.
        "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

This is why I'm so glad that one of the vehicles I learned to drive on was a Dodge Extended Cab truck with full-size bed. Drove it over Echo Summit and Donner Summit several times, because my mom hated to drive.

Biggest thing I ever drove was an 18-foot moving van with manual steering and stick shift. Talk about 18-point turns.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Man, I don't even know how to drive a Stick Shift.

Didn't have to drive the Tank today, but did get sole ownership of the Meeting Room schedule and selecting power for the jar candy.

I go on a candy run tomorrow. In the Tank.

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
              Man, I don't even know how to drive a Stick Shift.

Didn't have to drive the Tank today, but did get sole ownership of the Meeting Room schedule and selecting power for the jar candy.

I go on a candy run tomorrow. In the Tank.

Just remember "CANDY!"
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I didn't get to go on the candy run until a few minutes ago. But I got the good stuff. ^_~

Mostly. Big bag of Tootsie Rolls, since those are good but not everyone with grab at them. Good reserve candy.

I get to start doing some simple reports this week. Have a daily sales report that takes, like, 15 minutes to do, but it's something. I'll get more next week.

And the big boss is coming today. I know what he looks like, so I'll be able to welcome him by name (I hope).

He'll only be here a week or so, so as long as I keep a low profile and keep the fridge stocked with Mountain Dew, I'll be fine. >>

Comment

Working...
                X