This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am on vacation this week..

How many emails, text messages, IMs, and voicemails will I get from people complaining that I haven't responded to them?

Last time one even went to my boss' boss. He just at them.

OK, how the user get my home email to email me about his printer? Try emailing someone who is working!!!
    (And if this person went back to an emal from theother week he'd be able to READ and learn how to fix his issue).
    Last edited by draggar; 02-16-2009, 04:00 PM.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

I suggest CCing your response to your boss and simply state

"This is a personal e-mail address and is not to be used for business concerns. Please send any further questions to (helpdesk/business e-mail address) to be solved during working hours. Any further e-mails will be automatically discarded."

Then block the sender. =P I don't think you can get in trouble for this, since he's harassing your private e-mail address while you're on vacation. Granted, it does sort of depend on how well your boss backs you up.

Comment

I know it's tempting, but don't reply at all. Just delete it, act as if you never saw it and block him. If the luser asks you about it after you get back, just ask him if the email was sent to your work address. If he's dumb enough to admit sending it to your home address, just tell him he sent it to the wrong address and needs to re-send it to the correct one. You'll take care of it in due course.
      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

So, what's the final tally?
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
        X