This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I committed gross negligence"

Well...I made a huge mistake. I committed gross negligence by not contacting Visitor Parking/Community Relations when the entrance gate in front of the Visitor Parking garage was up one day last week & did not go down before my 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. shift ended.

I called that office several times in the past regarding the gates in front of Visitor Parking not working. This is an ongoing problem. I was either told
    1) that the Parking office is aware of the problem
    2) to wait several minutes before calling back. If the gate dows not go down, to call back

Sometimes the gate goes down by itself after several minutes. Sometimes it does not.

"Larry", the parking company manager over the account at the university where I work at has already been made aware of the gate problem. He came be the booth today to write me up for this. In his own words "I committted gross negligence" even though I told him I made a mistake by not contacting Visitor Parking/Community for the umteenth time about the gate problem.

Then he asked me who I contact when this happens, & I told him Visitor Parking/Community Relations at their request. He then asked who comes & fixes the gate. I said a university policeman. Then he said to call dispatch & him from now on, not Visitor Parking/Community Relations.

Then he asked me why I never call him. I e-mail him so I have a paper trail.

Well.. it turns out the guy who works the 2nd shift on Monday's since my co-worker has a class at the university she attends from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on that day until May could not make it to work because he was in the process of moving. I found out this information after I called him on his cell phone at 3:15 p.m. He works from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Monday's. So I covered for him. I covered for him last Monday as well. I work 40 hours a week. I'll be getting 6 hours overtime the next pay period.

I called "Larry" on his cell phone, & I got his voice mail. So I left him a message.

This was an expensive write up.
Working...
X